Hey Everyone,

I can't wait!! I was told that my first BlackBerry is on it's way to me!! It's a BlackBerry Curve 8330. I'm not due for my upgrade (which I will use on a Tour) for another 4 months or so, but I wanted to get into the BlackBerry business, so I bought a Curve second-hand.

The previous owner has wiped it clean, but I'm curious, what do I need to do now? I mean, obviously I need to take it into Verizon and switch from my chocolate-dumb-phone to my new Blackberry and add the BIS plan, but other than what should I do?

Can anyone shed some light on some good first things to do to get a BlackBerry up to speed? I know that I would get it all figured out after playing with it for awhile, and by trial an error, but I figured there are so many people on here that have already been thru this that you all would have some tips.

So, what should I do? What apps should I download right away? What accessories do I need to buy? What else do I need to do? Seriously, I am so excited to receive this phone and get it activated.....

I guess it comes down to:

1. What apps should I get? ie, vibrate/ring, weather, quicklaunch/pull/text, internet browser, music, etc.
    2. What accessories should I get? ie, case, chargers, etc.
    3. Anything special I should do or learn about for a BlackBerry that is different than on a dumb-phone?

One other question - If my girlfriend has the Verizon Blackberry Tour, can we use the same wall and car chargers? Do the Curve and Tour use the same chargers?

Thanks!!!!!

07-15-09 10:54 PM
    1) definitely quickpull..... Opera is a good browser.... try out pandora/slacker/i heard radio to see your favorite music app, all free
    2) car charger always recommended as well as a case... if you dont mind bulk go with an otterbox, those things are awesome. Also a memory card, the tour comes with one but the curve does not. You cannot use the video camera without it
    3) all info you will learn right from this site. cruise around, check out the how-to lectures and just read the forums, you will learn very quickly.
    4) The tour and curve do use different chargers...

Welcome to the Crackberry community!
    07-15-09 11:01 PM
    Quicklaunch is a must, quickpull is whatev,certainly get a memory card-it will work on any future BB. Enjoy!
    07-16-09 12:31 AM
    Welcome to the forums

Zero

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 08:41 PM
    Congrats! A couple of things: You don't need to go Verizon you can do it all online. As far as apps I'd start with Quickpull, Google Maps, Google Mobile, Capture It, Berry Buzz, Any weather app you like best, Facebook, BBlight, Espn Launcher, Crackberry Launcher to name a few.
    07-16-09 11:27 PM
    My First BlackBerry Is In The Mail!! Now What??
    Um, refuse delivery?

Posted from my AntiBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 11:38 PM
    Hey Everyone,

I can't wait!! I was told that my first BlackBerry is on it's way to me!! It's a BlackBerry Curve 8330. I'm not due for my upgrade (which I will use on a Tour) for another 4 months or so, but I wanted to get into the BlackBerry business, so I bought a Curve second-hand.

The previous owner has wiped it clean, but I'm curious, what do I need to do now? I mean, obviously I need to take it into Verizon and switch from my chocolate-dumb-phone to my new Blackberry and add the BIS plan, but other than what should I do?

Can anyone shed some light on some good first things to do to get a BlackBerry up to speed? I know that I would get it all figured out after playing with it for awhile, and by trial an error, but I figured there are so many people on here that have already been thru this that you all would have some tips.

So, what should I do? What apps should I download right away? What accessories do I need to buy? What else do I need to do? Seriously, I am so excited to receive this phone and get it activated.....

I guess it comes down to:

1. What apps should I get? ie, vibrate/ring, weather, quicklaunch/pull/text, internet browser, music, etc.
    2. What accessories should I get? ie, case, chargers, etc.
    3. Anything special I should do or learn about for a BlackBerry that is different than on a dumb-phone?

One other question - If my girlfriend has the Verizon Blackberry Tour, can we use the same wall and car chargers? Do the Curve and Tour use the same chargers?

Thanks!!!!!

Congrats and welcome! One thing, you said the previous owner wiped it clean. Do you know if they wiped it clean with JL_Cmder completely or back to factory?

If the device was completely wiped then you need to download an OS and load it onto your device as the very first step, before everything else.
    07-16-09 11:55 PM
    Um, refuse delivery?

Posted from my AntiBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    My vote for best answer. But you gotta remember he bought it used, so it is lower risk.

Once he gets a handle on BB, he will be ready to graduate to a real phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 12:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD