Ive had my curve for about a month.. yesterday i had two complaints that i was hard to hear.. they sounded perfect, and signal strength was full... so today i phoned my desk and left myself a voicemail... it sounded like how it sounds when someone is way to close to the microphone.

any one else have/had this problem? I think ill just take it back to the verizon store..
    08-19-08 02:00 PM
    check yuor ear volume and/or go to profiles and check the sound
    08-19-08 10:37 PM
    When's the last time you restarted the phone?
    MERCDROID likes this.
    08-19-08 11:37 PM
    who ever im talking to sounds clear as a bell.. i sound like a mix between darth vader and a gravel truck, so the earpiece volume shouldnt be an issue..

and if i have to restart this thing periodically to get it to work, then im going to garbage it..
    08-20-08 12:24 AM
    This is a known issue with vzw curves. Simply take it back and get a new one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-08 12:27 AM
    who ever im talking to sounds clear as a bell.. i sound like a mix between darth vader and a gravel truck, so the earpiece volume shouldnt be an issue..

and if i have to restart this thing periodically to get it to work, then im going to garbage it..
    Yeah, because all smartphones are "perfect".

Two things, turn off Enhanced Volume if you turned it on under Phone/Menu/Options. Pull your battery! Test again...
    08-20-08 08:27 AM
    I dunno about expecting perfect.. I don't.. But if this was say.. a blender, i wouldn't put up with having to unplug my blender, dig around on the inside pull something out, look dumbly at it, and wait for it to get ready, every time i want to make a bellini...

If this is the best RIM can do, then well, I'm not ready for a blackberry, or better put, they are not ready for me.
    08-20-08 09:21 AM
    I dunno about expecting perfect.. I don't.. But if this was say.. a blender, i wouldn't put up with having to unplug my blender, dig around on the inside pull something out, look dumbly at it, and wait for it to get ready, every time i want to make a bellini...

If this is the best RIM can do, then well, I'm not ready for a blackberry, or better put, they are not ready for me.
    I still don't think you get it. Smartphones are little computers before anything else. There isn't a single smartphone or computer on the marke that doesn't require the occasional reboot. They are PIMs first, then phones. Get real. I guess you don't ever bother to clean the inside of your blender after use either huh?

Maybe you do need to go back to "just a phone".
    08-20-08 01:01 PM
    Just go back to your LG Flip baby!!!!!!
    08-20-08 03:20 PM
    If its a known problem it should be fixed. I love this freakin curve and I would never garbage it, I would try whatever I could to remedy the problem. But let's face it, the f'in thing is a phone first. That's why they sell them at Verizon, ATT and TMobile and not comp usa

08-20-08 08:33 PM
    But let's face it, the f'in thing is a phone first.
    No, it's not!

The BB started as a two way textual pager. Later on, voice capabilities were added to it. Please get your facts correct. While this is cetainly no excuse, understand that IT IS NOT A PHONE FIRST.
    08-20-08 11:25 PM
    No, it's not!

The BB started as a two way textual pager. Later on, voice capabilities were added to it. Please get your facts correct. While this is cetainly no excuse, understand that IT IS NOT A PHONE FIRST.

can i get blackberry for 200 alex
    08-20-08 11:44 PM
    I didn't state a fact, facts are sometimes debated. My opinion, however, is never challenged. This thing is a phone! You son of a.... J/k

08-21-08 03:42 AM
    I still don't think you get it. Smartphones are little computers before anything else. There isn't a single smartphone or computer on the marke that doesn't require the occasional reboot. They are PIMs first, then phones. Get real. I guess you don't ever bother to clean the inside of your blender after use either huh?

Maybe you do need to go back to "just a phone".
    I still don't think you get it. Though I am starting to get that I do not have the same level of love for my BB as you... putting that out there from the "Get Real" comment.. I am real. Oh I'm real..

I clean my blender. I clean my phone too, it gets somewhat greazy when im talking into it.. I think your cleaning it up metaphor doesn't really make sense.. it was only an analogy..

I could understand if I was using third party software that RIM/Verizon had no control over... if that stuff was causing problems then yeah... I get why having to restart or other such weird practices could be justifiable.. But my curve is stock. its also quite new, it probably only has an hour or two of talk time, and less than 100mb of data downloading.. Why would it not work? Especially for something as straight forward as "talking" on the phone.. that really has to be "easy" part of the technology here.. the stupid phone can take a picture, figure out my location on earth within a few meters, using satellites in space, and email that wireless to any location on earth in a matter of seconds, flawlessly.. try to chat, and it bombs.

I don't know how much it matters what the BB was first.. I can't remember ever seeing a BB and thinking, "WOW, that is a neat gizmo that is not a phone". Did anyone ever buy a non-phone BB?

I like my curve. I like having the internet in my pocket. I like having email with me. But i don't really want to carry two gadgets around with me, and I like having a phone a whole lot more than mail and surfing.

ps. I am spending way to much time on this reply.. and I don't know why i keep feeling the need to put "quotes" around certain words. Sorry if it offends the grammatically and punctually correct.
    08-21-08 03:46 PM
    oh and.. i took it to the verizon booth that i bought the phone, and the salesman said that I could either take it to the store down the street where I would get a new one on the spot, or have one couriered to me. I have to get my I.T. guy to hook it up to our network so I opted to get one couriered to me. The Verizon guy was very helpful and quite easy to deal with.
    08-21-08 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD