07-13-08 11:14 PM
35 12
tools
    This is my 2nd Curve. My first one's speakerphone was jack'd up as well as the trakball. It wouldn't roll to the right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-08 04:01 PM
    i am on my 2nd 8830 only because of the charging outlet on the 1st was way too loose and i could not get a good charge.
    06-28-08 04:08 PM
    Hi All,
    I am on my second curve and took this one in to swap it out and got to talking to one of the tech's and he showed me a post that he recieved and it is a problem with rim and mms messages with sound that makes the problem with the ear piece sound.the tech said that rim is pretty good about getting the software patch out about anywhere's from a week to a month to get it out. he also told me to keep checking rim web site and blackberry.com to see if a software patch is out yet. i hope this helps a little
    06-28-08 11:34 PM
    Its ridiculous how many people have problems with their curves. Maybe pearl users might too...or maybe not. Gotta start a thread and check. Fortunately my phone's been doing great...touch wood! Hope the Bolds dont turn out to be defective left, right and center.
    06-28-08 11:39 PM
    Went through four 8830's in about 6 months. The earpiece kept going out so i couldn't hear who i was talking to. Pretty annoying. They finally gave me the curve after the 4th one!
    07-01-08 01:51 PM
    I am on my fourth curve within 30 days. Problem with the one way audio. Cant hear when people call me. Have to pull out battery and reboot. Pain in the a$$
    07-13-08 08:17 PM
    I am on my fourth curve within 30 days. Problem with the one way audio. Cant hear when people call me. Have to pull out battery and reboot. Pain in the a$$
    07-13-08 08:17 PM
    This is a known vzw issue, and yeah - its a pain. Keep in mind that after a certain amount of device swaps, vzw will try to "upgrade" you to the 8830.

07-13-08 08:25 PM
    It's actually a known issue with cdma curves, not just Verizon.

You can restore the audio with a battery pull or play an mms message with sound all the way through.

Playing an mms with sound but stopping it before it finishes is what is causing the problem.

07-13-08 09:43 PM
    I've had my curve for a couple weeks now but have had no problems whatsoever.

How can you all need to exchange your phones so often?
    07-13-08 11:14 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD