Well after being a Treo guy for a few years then going to the Samsung Alias for over a year,I needed something more. So far I am really enjoying it and have everything synced email is working very nice, a bit slow on my verizon.net personal email but still works good. The only issue I seem to be having is that the phone is showing I have 2 bars yet it sends the caller into voicemail. Not all the time just some of the time but it shows consistently that I have 2 bars. I won't move the phone and the voicemail message will come in. I have tried the *22899 thing and it didn't change it. Yesterday was my first day with it and I got more voicemails then I was able to recieve calls???
    08-30-08 08:17 AM
    This sounds more like a network, or provsioning concern. I would call VZW 800-922-0204 and have them review the account and see if there are any noted networok issues.

Does it get better if you are outside? IF so it might just be the deivce not getting the signal in your building as well as some of the other devices. Buildings can degrade signal
    08-30-08 08:27 AM
    This sounds more like a network, or provsioning concern. I would call VZW 800-922-0204 and have them review the account and see if there are any noted networok issues.

Does it get better if you are outside? IF so it might just be the deivce not getting the signal in your building as well as some of the other devices. Buildings can degrade signal
    Yes it does get better outside I just find it odd that the signal on the phone is showing 2 bars and not dropping off as it gets weaker inside??? Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-08 09:06 AM
    Signal will not always drop inside, might just get weaker. If you go into option>status what is the signal strength? you will negative number there. It is best between -75 to -85.
    08-30-08 09:11 AM
    i have 2 bars inside all the time, and i do *228 then press 1 to reprogram the phone. (it also updates towers). Still i get good reception. outside i have full bars. But all carriers dont gaurantee 4bar reception indoors. I fought that battle with tmobile. having no reception inside as i had 3-4 bars outside. nevertheless i lost.

seems like you might.... have a reception problem in your area. Verizon will let you try out another phone or send a tech to your address/street to see if there is a problem as well (no cost to you)

I just bounced to 3bars and my signal is -89db
    09-01-08 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD