I want a new droid, have a new BOLD coming for my tour tomorrow(replacement).

Was thinking of selling my tour on ebay to help pay for the new droid X, but now that I'm getting a better phone I can get more money. Do I have to activate this phone on my account for some time first before I could sell it to someone else?

Don't want to sell it unopened and have that person run into a problem.
    06-23-10 10:47 PM
    You're going to have to have something activated on that line while you send back the broken phone and sell the Bold. You've got limited time to send back the broken phone to Verizon or Asurion. Got a 3rd spare that you can use?
    06-24-10 07:42 AM
    You're going to have to have something activated on that line while you send back the broken phone and sell the Bold. You've got limited time to send back the broken phone to Verizon or Asurion. Got a 3rd spare that you can use?
    Yea I have a few old vzw phones laying around I use for situations like this, nothing fancy but they work Just was not sure if a guy who bought my phone on ebay will try and activate it and vzw will say NO it's not your phone type of ish.
    06-24-10 09:27 AM
    My phone crapped out how is that being shady? It's not my fault they were out and had to send me a bold.

Either way I was selling my tour for a new droid.

Please explain to me how thats wrong?
    Last edited by drm2blv; 06-24-10 at 03:41 PM. Reason: removing attack
    06-24-10 03:30 PM
    Please keep the thread clean here, no personal attacks.

Usually you do need to activate the equipment, I have run into issues buying replacement devices that weren't activated that Verizon didn't want to activate on my line. To be safe, activate for one minute, then switch to another device.
    06-24-10 03:42 PM
    Please keep the thread clean here, no personal attacks.
    Thanks drm2blv, but I wish you left the majority of his post because I would to hear his answer.
    06-24-10 03:44 PM
    No, you don't have to activate the Bold to sell it but you're going to have to return the Tour.
    06-24-10 03:45 PM
    Thanks drm2blv, but I wish you left the majority of his post because I would to hear his answer.
    No need to have any statements that could create further drama. No part of the statement was relevant to answering the question at hand, no need to have it on the forums. Sorry.
    06-24-10 03:46 PM
    No, you don't have to activate the Bold to sell it but you're going to have to return the Tour.
    Thank you, yes the tour is being returned. I have been through this process many times.
    06-24-10 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD