What is the difference between having a Verizon compatible phone with a music player, and one that has V-cast capabilities?

My wife is going to be getting a new phone and wants one that has a music player so she can play MP3's, but we do not want to pay monthly for something like V-cast in order to be able to download music. Can you play music on a phone that has a music player w/o paying an additional monthly fee for it, or do you have to subscribe to something like V-cast in order to be able to play music. Thanks!
    06-27-09 03:33 PM
    U can download mp3s to her new phone. They will even walk u thru it on tech support. What kind of phone? If u get a blackberry then she can use slacker and pandora to listen to any music she want.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-09 05:15 PM
    With a dumbphone, you will usually have to pay for music downloads, at least in data charges, or figure out a way to transfer the music to your phone - either data card transfer or data cable transfer.
    06-27-09 05:47 PM
    With a VCast capable phone, you can use the enclosed software to sync the music onto your device via Windows Media player, with no charge.
    But you need a data cable to do it on most phones.

06-27-09 11:25 PM
    But you need a data cable to do it on most phones.

We currently have LG VX8300 model phones and have a USB stick that connects to the SD memory card that you plug into the side of the phone to transfer pictures from our phone to the computer. Do you know if that will work the same for music, or does a seperate cord have to be purchased?
    06-28-09 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD