I just got a new 8330 Curve, waiting for it to come from Verizon. Among other things, I want to use it as an mp3 player. I know I am going to have to buy a micro SD card, but before I do, I wanted to make sure you could just put regular mp3's on the card and play them, or if there was a block from VZW that prevented you from playing songs that I didn't purchase directly from them.

Thanks!
    06-18-08 01:38 PM
    You should be able to play any tunes you already own that are NOT protected (like itunes if protected) that are in mp3 format. Make sure you have your mp3 TAGS correct as the media player depends on them for indexing by various: artist, album, title, etc. It even will display album art. You will need the SD card.
    06-18-08 02:56 PM
    As F2 said, you will have no problems playing unprotected mp3s. I use my BB instead of my iPod at work and in the car and haven't had any issues. The media player isn't as slick as an iPod's but it works. I haven't bothered to see if there were any free 3rd party apps that were better, since it works well enough for me.

If you have Bluetooth that supports A2DP in your car, you can even play the music wirelessly, though I didn't think the quality was quite as good as the wired connection.
    06-21-08 01:18 PM
    As F2 said, you will have no problems playing unprotected mp3s. I use my BB instead of my iPod at work and in the car and haven't had any issues. The media player isn't as slick as an iPod's but it works. I haven't bothered to see if there were any free 3rd party apps that were better, since it works well enough for me.

If you have Bluetooth that supports A2DP in your car, you can even play the music wirelessly, though I didn't think the quality was quite as good as the wired connection.
    I tried the A2DP while running 4.2 and that quality was crap. Now that I'm running 4.5, the quality is excellent!
    06-21-08 01:35 PM
    I tried the A2DP while running 4.2 and that quality was crap. Now that I'm running 4.5, the quality is excellent!
    Good to know. I only tried it once (Lincoln MKX with SYNC). I'm running 4.3 at the moment.
    06-21-08 04:23 PM
    The music sounds fine on my phone as well however after listening to the music with the supplied wire headset,i was unable to answer an incoming call and when i pulled the plug out i had no audio. The person on the other end was able to hear me but i was unable to hear them. I had to take out the battery and reinsert it and that worked. i hope that a new software will correct this problem. I had gone thru (5)pearl's in one week and (2) curves in one week and now i am on my third curve and i am still having the same problem. Also,i had downloaded 1,077
    song's and only 966 are on the phone. Somehow the rest is gone even though my memory card show's the memory being used.
    06-24-08 07:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD