I jumped ship from Sprint to Verizon mainly because my company is pretty much all Verizon and most of my friends are but also because Sprint got software updates SO slow. How ironic we're waiting forever for some flavor of OS5 for the Tour when Sprint got it ages ago. I can't win..lol.
    03-13-10 01:33 AM
    You should be the black sheep then and go back to Sprint.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-10 02:44 AM
    So you jumped ship mainly or somewhat for an OS ? hmmm
    03-13-10 07:23 AM
    I made the comment about OS because it's something called irony. Man I can see why my friends stopped coming here.
    03-13-10 05:15 PM
    lol yeah I know what you mean OP.. but Verizon has always been slower when it comes to releasing software updates. Verizon put the OS through more testing then Sprint does. Dont worry, the 5.0 for the Tour will be coming, but in the meantime you can always download the latest leak of (548) which is extreamly solid and does not have 1 flaw that I can find on it, plus its a Verizon leak so no need to worry about deleting any files before installing it into the phone
    03-13-10 05:22 PM
    I made the comment about OS because it's something called irony. Man I can see why my friends stopped coming here.
    Haha yeah alot of people around here are crabby because of high bills and their carrier constantly pushing apps to their phone that they don't need or want.

I kid, I kid. Lol

03-14-10 07:06 AM
    So you jumped ship mainly or somewhat for an OS ? hmmm
    You apparently did not read the post. Good job!

03-14-10 07:07 AM
    I definitely feel you on that update for the OS on Verizon's Tour. I have the VZW tour as a personal phone and I use a Sprint Tour for my work phone. A few weeks ago I downloaded the 5.0 OS update to the Sprint Tour and it works amazingly well. No issues whatsoever.

It now makes my personal phone look slow. It pisses me off because I know that the update will improve the performance on my VZW Tour, but I can't update it yet and have been waiting for weeks for them to release their version.

VZW definitely needs to work on getting updates out faster for Blackberry. I think it's ridiculous that the cell phone company with the highest market bracket, takes the longest amount of time come out with updates for their Blackberries. Definitely not a good look on VZW's end. In my opinion, they should be the FIRST people that release these kinds of updates.

What adds insult to injury is that, there have been so many different channels that have released the update already and VZW customers are still waiting. I understand that you can always download one of the "leaked" versions, but you shouldn't have to just because you know that your cell provider takes longer than it does to "watch a plant grow" to release the update.
    03-15-10 08:35 AM
    I stay with VZW for the network. It's really easy to load the latest and greatest OS and I'm running the latest hybrid, smooth as silk and super fast. Best of both worlds. I see no reason to wait for a carrier's official release, unless you're on BES with policies that restrict your ability to alter the OS.
    Last edited by kjjb0204; 03-15-10 at 11:30 AM.
    03-15-10 11:28 AM
    It does not matter what company you have. It always seems you are getting the short end of the stick.

03-15-10 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD