So is this policy dead? I'm on my 4th Tour and the trackball is going on this one now too, and I'm tired of swapping them out. I'd much rather just move to the Droid if I can. Is there any way that is possible without paying full price for the Droid? If I have to drop $80 on it I will, but any more than that and I'll just stick it out with the Tour until contract time comes again.
    03-26-10 12:18 PM
    No, you will be dropping the full retail price on one if you want it. Either that or add a line. That program was dissolved because of things like this. People just want new phones so all of a sudden thiers "stop working correctly"
    03-26-10 12:34 PM
    That program was dissolved because of things like this.
    Please stop acting like I'm the bad guy here. I have had 4 Tours over the past 7-8 months, all because the trackball degrades in quality after use. When a phone becomes unusable, it's worthless. I'm just fed up with getting a replacement phone that has the same exact problems as the one prior to it.
    03-26-10 12:42 PM
    Doesn't hurt to call and find out. I bet you they would move you to a curve 8530 before a droid.......
    03-26-10 12:43 PM
    There was another thread, that says they will do a free replacement trackball now. You don't have to swap the phone.
    03-26-10 12:55 PM
    Please stop acting like I'm the bad guy here. I have had 4 Tours over the past 7-8 months, all because the trackball degrades in quality after use. When a phone becomes unusable, it's worthless. I'm just fed up with getting a replacement phone that has the same exact problems as the one prior to it.
    didnt mean to make it sound like you are the reason the policy was changed. But it is for reasons like that. We have(had) a guy that came in every year complaining his phone would do this and that...a week later same thing....a week after that the same thing just to get a different phone. He got a rude awakening last week.
    03-26-10 12:58 PM
    I would rather they check the account and see why a warranty claim was done. That said I'm on my second Tour and while it has gotten stuck trying to scroll up a couple times I just push it a little harder and it works. If I get desperate I will do the paper trick.
    03-26-10 01:10 PM
    There was another thread, that says they will do a free replacement trackball now. You don't have to swap the phone.
    Hmm, really? Do you know what thread that was? Is that a company-wide policy or are just some stores doing it?

Edit: Nevermind - found the thread down a bit. Interesting, I'll check that out this weekend. Hopefully they'll disassemble my phone without any problems!
    Last edited by slinky317; 03-26-10 at 01:24 PM.
    03-26-10 01:11 PM
    Policy is dead. Also there is another in the pipeline for april 1st. THere have been some details leaked and more to come after the release. NO! this is not an early April fools joke
    03-26-10 02:03 PM
    Nope, we do not replace Tour trackballs.
    03-26-10 02:06 PM
    Policy is dead. Also there is another in the pipeline for april 1st. THere have been some details leaked and more to come after the release. NO! this is not an early April fools joke

This new policy will make our jobs so much easier. I wonder how many will trip when it rolls out next week?
    03-27-10 01:24 AM
    Nope, we do not replace Tour trackballs.
    I didn't think you guys did.
    I called CS about an issue with my device not working right (8330) and they immediately want to exchange it. It wasn't a trackball issue.
    I tried everything possible and then relented and did an exchange.

They were telling me stories how people try and get a new device....
    Now they are probably legit, but why waste CS' time with I have a scratch on the phone and want a warranty replacement?
    03-27-10 06:56 AM
    This new policy will make our jobs so much easier. I wonder how many will trip when it rolls out next week?
    Its no seceret... on April 1st, re-furb devices will be available for purchase and comes with only the necessary accessories in a "kit". The prices of these re-furbs will be highly subsidized.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-10 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD