If I downloaded those programs onto my phone and use them are they using text messenging or data? I prefer to use them this way, they are like the real thing versus accessing them via the brower on phone.

Thanks
    08-05-08 04:38 PM
    Data. I hope you have an unlimited data plan.
    08-05-08 04:41 PM
    Yes, I do. Verizon makes a data plan mandatory (and by data plan I am assuming you mean unlimited internet etc)!!! So since I am new and don't any surprises when I get my bill. Since it uses data there will be no additional charges. Also, how can you tell is something uses text or data plan?
    08-05-08 04:45 PM
    you can use the mobile oz instant messenger, which counts toward syour text plan, that is if you have one.

which way do you prefer: text or data?
    08-05-08 04:47 PM
    oh i take that back. Well you can tell if its data when you see your friends' icons and their away messages. I have jive talk (beejive) and its totally awesome. It lets you sign in yahoo, gmail, and aim accounts and even lets you sign in more than 3 aim sns! Yep, all at the same time. Totally worth your money!
    08-05-08 04:49 PM
    Is it using data?

http ://support.vzw.com/features/data_services/instant_messaging_mobile_im.html

The above URL says so otherwise...unless I'm totally misreading it.
    08-06-08 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD