I am moving to a new town, calls to there are long distance on a hardline from current town, even though they are same area code. When I change billing address, and *228 after I move, will calls from a hardline in the new town to my cell be local or long distance, if I keep the same cell number? Again, the two towns are in the same area code. Thanks!!
    12-23-09 03:24 PM
    Since your device will remain in the same exchange, I would think they would continue to be long distance.
    12-23-09 04:08 PM
    since i posted this, i called vzw cs and they said that once i change billing address, my same cell# will be local to the new area. go figure!? guess i won't know for sure til i move and try it?
    12-23-09 04:13 PM
    Cell gets free long distance anyways.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 11:51 PM
    Yes Jim but landlines don't get free calling to cell phones. I am in an area where it is long distance from one city to the next even though it's the same area code. I have an exchange from Akron even though I don't live in Akron. Canton is long distance to call Akron but their are some landline exchanges in the Canton area that can call my number free. Hopefully this will be the case for you when you move.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-09 08:15 AM
    I am moving to a new town, calls to there are long distance on a hardline from current town, even though they are same area code. When I change billing address, and *228 after I move, will calls from a hardline in the new town to my cell be local or long distance, if I keep the same cell number? Again, the two towns are in the same area code. Thanks!!
    If your current cell number is "local" to your "old" address, and you're keeping it when you move to your "new" address. Since calls from your "new" address to your "old" address are long distance, but local-LD (intra-LATA)...the people to ask are your local telephone company. The numbering plan now has whole blocks of numbers assigned for "mobile", and I'm betting it's not LD from landline to cell in that access area.
    12-24-09 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD