I've been using the 8830 on Verizon for two years now. I've enjoyed it and it has never broken despite that I've dropped it at least 50 times (especially compared to my hubby's Palm, of which he is on his sixth in two years b/c they won't last more than a few months). However, when my plan expires next week, I'll be moving to Sprint b/c of the good price on their everything plan.

My only qualms with my 8830 are:

1) I can't view html emails. (Despite that the pretty html emails are usually junk, I would like to see the pictures of the shoes on sale at Macy's this week...before I delete the email.)

2) When I receive an incoming call at the same time I am trying to place an outgoing call, it crashes. Really crashes, like the only way to fix it is to pop out the battery and reboot it. Instantaneous ncoming/outgoing calls happen more than you'd think...and always when I'm too busy to wait 5 minutes to reboot.

3) It is a little too big/heavy to run with or stash in my pocket when I take the dog on a walk.

We're definitely going with Sprint b/c the price is very good compared to Verizon. I've been eyeing up Sprint's Pearl and Curve. I thought the keyboard on the Pearl would bug me, but I tried it at the store, and I got comfortable with it right away. (Unlike the Storm, which was causing me to rethink leaving Verizon until I played with it in the store...I could NOT type on the Storm!) The larger screen on the Curve would be nice, I think, but getting a BB as small as the Pearl is very tempting.

How do the Curve and Pearl handle my two 8830 issues above: instantaneous incoming/outgoing calls and html emails?
    06-22-09 03:08 PM
    I just got the 8330 and it is awesome. HTML email is great and not that heavy, well it is just light. On the crashing, you might need to reload your OS. Either try that OR wait for the Tour.
    06-22-09 03:11 PM
    The Curve is great. And you might want to look into the Tour which is set to be released in mid-July.
    06-22-09 05:06 PM
    Wait for the Tour!
    06-22-09 05:10 PM
    Wait for the Tour!
    I agree. Lucky for you its on both carriers.
    06-22-09 05:18 PM
    My suggestion would be don't go with Sprint but thats just me. Nobody that I know that has had them has stuck with them more than 6 months. They are terrible. The cs is even worse than there coverage (or lack there of, haha).
    06-22-09 06:12 PM
    My suggestion would be don't go with Sprint but thats just me. Nobody that I know that has had them has stuck with them more than 6 months. They are terrible. The cs is even worse than there coverage (or lack there of, haha).
    In my area, Sprint trumps Verizon and AT&T in terms of service. And the CS is sooo helpul to me. They helped me resend service books (before I knew about CB) actually, they did it for me, somehow magically over their computers. My Mom has been with them for 14 years!
    06-22-09 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD