I don't work for VZ, don't own stocks in it, nor do I know anyone who works there...
    Just want to say that most of my interactions with VZ customer service has been very postive. The exception is my local VZ store.

I received an offer to upgrade an extra line that I had cancelled. The main line wasn't up for an upgrade until 1/10 but I went to my local VZ store with the offer to see if they could help me take advantage of the offer. They treated me like I as trying to get one over on them, even though I mentioned I could pay the ETF. Afterwards, I realized what I should have done was spell it out for them instead of letting them figure out how to do it. In their eyes, the mainline was not available for the upgrade and they couldn't think beyond that.

A couple of days later, on a whim I stopped by a different VZ store and explained what I wanted to do. They said they could help if I had the offer. I didn't have it but they said call the toll free number and they could help. I was impressed with the friendly service and willingness to help me.

I called VZ and explained what I wanted to do and they happily obliged without a hesitation. I was charged the ETF and paid a discounted price for the phone - just like I expected.

Lately my phone seemed to be running very hot so I took it into the friendly VZ store and they replaced my battery with no hesitation.

The good service and friendly response of the latter VZ people more than makes up for the local store's Just-Say-No attitude.
    08-29-09 08:48 PM
    The sad fact is there are just some people that are bad at their jobs or just don't care but as a whole verizon has always been very helpful and go above and beyond my contract's stipulations.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 11:25 PM
    The sad fact is there are just some people that are bad at their jobs or just don't care but as a whole verizon has always been very helpful and go above and beyond my contract's stipulations.

I completely agree with this. Go Big Red!

08-30-09 12:13 AM
    About 90% of vzw employees are knowledgable to where we can help you past the point that u can help yourself. 50% can go above and beyond with more technical issues. Many of us do have college degrees, no we didn't major in "cell phones" but we were intelligent enough to get through college that we take in and learn from our training guides. I get irritated when customers come in thinking we are idiots, it actually offends me. 1 chick last week said to me "well they couldn't do it at 2 other stores so I apologize when I say I doubt you will fix it" after I told her I will fix the problems she was having with her Tour. Guess what? I fixed it. Basically the point I'm trying to make is...think of us as someone who can help you, not just cashier.

Some people do "slip thru the cracks" so to speak, but we know what we are doing

08-30-09 01:28 AM

I agree with you on that.
    08-30-09 09:19 AM
    Ive had nothing but good experiences with them. They have always seemed to have given that extra to see that I was satsified....
    08-30-09 09:45 AM
    I received an offer to upgrade an extra line that I had cancelled. The main line wasn't up for an upgrade until 1/10 but I went to my local VZ store with the offer to see if they could help me take advantage of the offer. They treated me like I as trying to get one over on them, even though I mentioned I could pay the ETF. Afterwards, I realized what I should have done was spell it out for them instead of letting them figure out how to do it. In their eyes, the mainline was not available for the upgrade and they couldn't think beyond that.

I called VZ and explained what I wanted to do and they happily obliged without a hesitation. I was charged the ETF and paid a discounted price for the phone - just like I expected.
    my thoughts on that would be that the reps at your local store were probably worried about doing something that looks fraudulent, just like we would be at my store. It's not a matter of wanting or not wanting to help you out, it's a matter of letting you renew a line knowing full well you intend to turn around and cancel it is borderline fraudulent, and with a company that monitors as closely as they do, not many people are willing to risk that.

as a side thought, did you get the phone for so much cheaper than full retail that you couldn't just do it that way?
    08-30-09 12:32 PM
    I don't know where you guys live, but the goofs at the Verizon Stores here are just short of drooling fools! They don't know the equipment, they don't know the accessories, they don't know the plans...but they do know when it is break time, which is normally when the largest crowds come in! The Technical Assistance you get via the phone has been great. But as for the THREE stores I have visited, I would be better off with a catalogue.
    09-02-09 10:18 AM
    are they corp verizon stores, or retailers?
    09-02-09 10:24 AM
    I've never had a problem with a Rep...its always Tech Support that gives me a hard time.
    09-02-09 10:27 AM
    I think that in any job people can be poor workers. There are ppl that work at Olive Garden that are really good and some suck. So I think its only fair to think of this with any business knowing that some ppl just suck at life therfore they suck at their jobs.
    09-02-09 10:37 AM
    I think its only fair to think of this with any business knowing that some ppl just suck at life therfore they suck at their jobs.
    haha so true
    09-02-09 11:03 AM
    There are ppl that work at Olive Garden that are really good and some suck.
    Olive Garden really sucks.

09-02-09 11:43 AM
    I was gonna say McDonald's cuz i know you are one of those old timers drinking coffee in there at 7am
    09-02-09 11:46 AM
    I was gonna say McDonald's cuz i know you are one of those old timers drinking coffee in there at 7am
    Haven't set foot in McDonalds since 1982. I could even tell you the date.

09-02-09 12:30 PM
    Haven't set foot in McDonalds since 1982. I could even tell you the date.

LOL I forget you're a man of class
    09-02-09 12:31 PM
    LOL I forget you're a man of class
    No - a man of principle.

Shoot - am looking forward to a couple Sirloin Burgers @ Jack in the Box for lunch today. Class? Sheesh! Just give me extra lettuce, onions & jalapenos - I am happy.

09-02-09 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD