I'm currently thinking about switching to at&t in my area. I don't want to pay the de-activcation fee like everyone on this planet and was wondering if anyone knew what plan I could switch my 8330 curve to for the time being to ride out the rest of my 1 year contract. I'm currently on the $39.99 450 anytime min., $20 unlimmited texting, and $30 blackberry plan totaling $90 a month if that matters. Yes I would like to either have the iphone or bold. (the storm failed for me). Anyone know what the bare minimum I can get it down to so it almost like a dumb non existant fee such as $10 or $20, anything over is alittle extreme for me. I am doing this because I originally switched to big red for the storm, it failed miserably for me, so I then jumped on a curve for the time being.

Thanks
    02-02-09 10:43 PM
    If you want to get the plan as cheap as can be, then you pretty much have it. The only exception is that you can get a $5 text plan or no text plan depending on how many texts you do and receive. That is the only way that it can be any lower without getting rid of the blackberry and switching to a dumbphone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 11:34 PM
    You will not likely get anything near the ~$15 a month it would cost to cancel ($175 ETF divided by 12 months). The closest is $20, but you would need a basic, no-frills VZW phone. You should be able to go to your online account to "activate" a new phone (basic Nokia, for instance) to replace your Curve. Select no extras. Then, call Verizon and ask about their $20 a month 50 minute plan. I was offered this plan when I called to ask about cancelling a line. When asked why I wanted to do this, I said (truthfully) the phone was hardly ever used (only for emergencies) and the monthly cost was not worth it (cheaper to use a Tracfone). VZW then offered a $20 plan. But why pay $20 a month plus taxes (nearly $270) instead of the $175 ETF?
    02-03-09 07:55 AM
    I'm currently thinking about switching to at&t in my area. I don't want to pay the de-activcation fee like everyone on this planet and was wondering if anyone knew what plan I could switch my 8330 curve to for the time being to ride out the rest of my 1 year contract. I'm currently on the $39.99 450 anytime min., $20 unlimmited texting, and $30 blackberry plan totaling $90 a month if that matters. Yes I would like to either have the iphone or bold. (the storm failed for me). Anyone know what the bare minimum I can get it down to so it almost like a dumb non existant fee such as $10 or $20, anything over is alittle extreme for me. I am doing this because I originally switched to big red for the storm, it failed miserably for me, so I then jumped on a curve for the time being.

Thanks

I would take your phone, sell it on ebay, and if you're Curve is in decent condition, you should fetch at least 175 bucks. I sold a Curve for almost 280 on Ebay. If you had kept your Storm, it would have sold just as well if not better. Than you can leave whenever you want and not be stuck with service that you're not happy with (or a phone). So what I've done in the past is set up the sale to go a day or two after I port over to another carrier. It takes anywhere from a month to 2 months to get your final bill. So the ebay sale will be complete and you'll have your money to pay the ETF.

Hope that helps.
    02-03-09 08:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD