I keep trying but I don't see a way to add a second @vzw.blackberry.net. I'd like to setup a second one to keep my two businesses seperate, with unique repy to's, etc.

I'm on the bis.blackberry.net... page and while I can add multiple accounts on other ISPs I'm only allowed to add 1 blackberry.net account. Can't find a way to make it happen...am I missing something?
    05-23-08 01:39 PM
    if your trying to add another bb.net account the only way i know how is get another curve. but you can add personal emails that are unique. just wont be @vzw.bb.net. what about adding the cb forward?
    05-23-08 01:55 PM
    CB forward? What's that?

The way I have it setup now is that everything sent to me@mydomain.com is forwarded to the vzw.blackberry.net account. I removed me@mydomain.com from the phone via the web portal so that I wouldn't get duplicates.

The reasons why are: MUCH faster retrieval and another layer of spam filtering. My web host has pretty good filtering but Blackberry's is better.

But I also have a me#2@otherdomain.com account. I can forward this to the blackberry.net account as well, but it will have the same reply to. I don't want people who email me#1 to know about me#2 but since me#1 is the only reply address, they will figure out that I'm running a totally unrelated business.

That's not a horrible thing, but I'd prefer to keep my 2 careers as separate as possible.

On another level it means that all emails from both businesses get sent to the same inbox on the phone which is getting a bit messy.

Apparently this can be done through BES, and I know a guy who runs a BES/Exchange server that can dial me in, but he charges $30 a month...

Thanks for your reply!
    05-23-08 02:11 PM
    A possible work around could be a filter on the bis site, no? I personally would utilize sep accounts via gmail or your domain names. Is vzw.bb.net that much better? I've just been using gmail set to Pop. Am I missing out? :-/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-08 10:32 PM
    Have a gmail have a pop have a yahoo but on the bb u can as many as u want just u keep track

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-08 10:37 PM
    Yes, I have 2 Gmail accounts for personal stuff on the phone but I don't want a gmail.com address to represent my businesses, it's just more professional that way.

And yes, I can (and did) have 2 "me@mydomain.com" accounts on the phone but the lag was 5-15 minutes. If I tell my email servers to forward them to my BIS account I get them in less than a minute. Not really sure why but I've tested it a bunch.

The problem is that since I can only create one BIS account, everything I send or reply to shares the same "reply to" field and signature which is bad. They also all come in to the same inbox on the phone which is cumbersome.

Being able to create multiple "name@vzw.blackberry.net" accounts would really help my workflow and keep my businesses separate.
    Last edited by kwsmithphoto; 05-27-08 at 12:10 AM.
    05-26-08 11:34 PM
    A possible work around could be a filter on the bis site, no? I personally would utilize sep accounts via gmail or your domain names. Is vzw.bb.net that much better? I've just been using gmail set to Pop. Am I missing out? :-/
    Actually that works real well if you only need or want Gmail accounts. Somebody told me they have a arrangment worked out with Google that polls your Gmail accounts very often so pushes to the phone are really fast.

If you have a "dave@dave.com" account on the phone, BIS polls them far less frequently. But if you tell your web server to forward emails to a "name@vzw.blackberry.net" account and they go through super fast if your web server does the forward quickly.

IOW, forwarding "dave@dave.com" email to a BIS account gets it to the phone much faster than if you set up a POP3/IMAP account on the phone that merely points to "dave@dave.com."
    05-27-08 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD