What is the final monthly costs of getting a BB on verizon?
    I am about to get a curve but before I do I need to be sure of a few things....
    first off,
    How much is it going to cost me a month?
    (right now i am on a family plan that costs us 220, how much would a BB bring that up?
    and the whole data thing... I need to pay for this stuff? It doesnt make sense to me that on some devices I can connect to a wifi connection and then no data plan is necessary , but on VZW with a curve the only way i can connect to email and the web is through their service. Is there anyway around this? and how much does it cost?

thanks
    07-28-08 11:04 AM
    The data plan alone is $29.99, and their plans are not cheap. However, Verizon is a great carrier with excellent coverage and customer service - so trust me... It's worth it.

And no, there is no way around getting a data plan for your BB through Verizon. They do not offer Wifi, and you cannot even activate a RIM device through them without a data plan.
    07-28-08 11:07 AM
    If you want a BB, you should be prepared to pay the costs. If the additional costs bother you that much, don't get one.

Not every BB model has wifi. And those that do have wifi, not all third party apps can connect to the internet over wifi. This means that a BB data plan is still the best solution to get everything working and is well worth it. I think the cost is $30/mo for unlimited data on Verizon. However I do not know anything as far as VZW plans go.
    Last edited by sunkast; 07-28-08 at 11:26 AM.
    07-28-08 11:10 AM
    No CDMA models have WiFi. The Data plan is required by VZW, so you WILL get the $30 tacked on to your bill every month. This is not a BES option, only BIS. BES is $10 extra i believe. Also this $30 does NOT include tethering. Also an extra $15.
    07-28-08 11:14 AM
    And it depends on how many phones you have on your plan. You mentioned a family plan. Vzw family plans start at 69.99 (700 min shared ) for the first 2 lines and 9.99 for each additional.

Then tack the 29.99 bb data onto the voice plan.

i have verizon and i think the coverage is excellent, voice quality is great and data is fast!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chrisy520; 07-28-08 at 11:23 AM.
    07-28-08 11:20 AM
    currently the phone itself is 149.99 after a 50$ MIR. for personal email usage the data plan is 29.99, if you wanted your personal+business you're lookin at 44.99.
    07-28-08 08:59 PM
    The data plan alone is $29.99, and their plans are not cheap. However, Verizon is a great carrier with excellent coverage and customer service - so trust me... It's worth it.

And no, there is no way around getting a data plan for your BB through Verizon. They do not offer Wifi, and you cannot even activate a RIM device through them without a data plan.

I agree. I've been with verizon for 4 years and their service is superior; they take care of you. $29 bux for a data plan is actually a deal, considering that some carriers charge you $45 just to walk in the front door.
    07-29-08 09:34 AM
    Make sure you get the BIS or personal plan as the BES or business plan is 45 instead of 30. Both are unlimited. You only need the BES if you want Exchane company access. To teather for modem use wll cost 60 a month period. For the 30 BIS plan they add 30 and the BES plan 15 so the total is 60 either way. Same price that they have had for internet access all along.

07-29-08 10:40 AM
    Make sure you get the BIS or personal plan as the BES or business plan is 45 instead of 30. Both are unlimited. You only need the BES if you want Exchane company access. To teather for modem use wll cost 60 a month period. For the 30 BIS plan they add 30 and the BES plan 15 so the total is 60 either way. Same price that they have had for internet access all along.

Yeah it's funny how that works. I used to be on the $45mo plan until Verizon notified me of the $29. I figured I would save a buck or two......then they said "woops...doesn't matter, you tether $30 more please".
    07-29-08 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD