hey this is for anybody who wants to start something new. i have always wanted a BB since i was younger but as a student 30$ a month is the difference between me eating or not so thats when i came up with this idea. Why not modd a blackberry to work without a data plan on verizons network sounds crazy right? while im very educated in computer software etc i have never worked with phones i have modded psp's ipod and ipod touches so now im really started to think i would like to try this idea i just need a place to start or an idea that i can stem off of. if you have any idea or a crazy idea let me know and maybe i can make this seamless idea into reality. if you have anything to ad feel free im starting my own blue prints now.
    01-13-10 12:22 AM
    not gonna happen
    01-13-10 12:23 AM
    Its like trying to drive a car without wheels. Just won't happen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-10 02:27 AM
    I dont have any idea how to do that, but a blackberry (smartphone) without a data plan would basicaly be the same as a "dumbphone", so why even bother?
    01-13-10 02:44 AM
    Keep it Legal
    No posting of Warez in the forums, such as links to download warez, instructions on "cracking" software, or "workarounds" that enable people to utilize for-pay services without paying. Posting this kind of content can result in an immediate and permanent ban. These kinds of activities can get CrackBerry.com in trouble, and nobody wants that, so just don't do it.

I sympathize with your problem, a data plan is expensive, but we do not condone any attempts to hack a carrier.

Besides, it's not the carrier, in order for a BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) plan to work, you need an active account with Research in Motion. No BIS, no smarts.

Do something constructive with your time, create something.
    01-13-10 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD