Mobile to Mobile-Now 80 Million!

Effective Date: 1/16/2009

Verizon Wireless will offer America's largest Mobile to Mobile Calling* & Mobile to Mobile Messaging* family with 80 million subscribers.

Effective January 16, Mobile to Mobile will expand for VZW customers to include Alltel numbers.

Effective January 16, Verizon Wireless will offer America's largest Mobile to Mobile Calling* and Mobile to Mobile Messaging* family with 80 million subscribers. That's more than any other carrier!

With Mobile to Mobile Calling and Mobile to Mobile Messaging, Verizon Wireless customers can talk or message with any other Verizon Wireless customers and certain Alltel customers anytime, without using their plan minutes or Mobile to Mobile messaging allotments. All calls dialed on or after January 16 will automatically see this benefit.

For Alltel customers, calls and messages to and from Verizon Wireless customers will be billed according to their plans until the operations of the two companies have merged. Until then, Alltel customers can visit the Alltel website for Verizon Wireless Integration details. Once the customer enters the Alltel site, a link to Verizon Wireless Integration information is at the top of the page.

* Note: The IN Calling/IN Messaging branding will officially change to Mobile to Mobile Calling/Mobile to Mobile Messaging on 2/15. Until then, both names may be used interchangeably in reference materials and communications.

VZW customers should update their PRL by dialing *228, option 2.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 01-17-09 at 07:15 AM.
    01-16-09 11:36 AM
    Where is this source from? I tried to Google it and looked on the VZW site as well.
    01-16-09 01:33 PM
    When you are the inside all kinds of good info. Stay close to your tv.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 02:27 PM
    01-16-09 03:03 PM
    My friend has Alltel and when you enter in his number it says "Number not Eligible" I don't see anywhere on the site where it says now Alltel is part of VZW's Unlimited minutes.
    01-16-09 03:45 PM
    As it says, initially this is fom VZW to Alltel and not Alltel to VZW.

Give it a bit longer to work out in the billing systems.

01-16-09 03:53 PM
    All VZW customers get to call alltel customers for free.

Gonna take time to get Alltel's system to recognize all the VZW #s...
    01-16-09 04:24 PM
    It's true according to internal reports.
    01-16-09 09:26 PM
    VZW FTW! Welcome alltel members:-P
    01-16-09 09:28 PM
    It only works VZW -> Alltell .. Alltell -> VZW is still billed per your Alltell plan.
    01-16-09 09:36 PM
    The transition period is supposed to run well into the 3rd and 4th quarter. For this move to be made only week since the close is amazing! Let's not forget that VZW was able to get the close date pushed up 2 weeks earlier as well.

For you VZW customers, look at this as a sign of the commitment the company has for it's current customers. For you former Alltel customer, please look at this as a wonderful sign of things to come. Welcome aboard!
    01-16-09 09:53 PM
    Now I gotta get me some Alltell friends. LOL I'm in Central Jersey and I have no idea where Alltell is out of.
    01-17-09 01:04 AM
    VZW customers should update their PRL buy dialing *228, option 2.

What's this for?
    01-17-09 06:54 AM
    VZW customers should update their PRL buy dialing *228, option 2.

What's this for?
    This updates tower information in the device. New towers, tower agreements, etc.
    01-17-09 08:57 AM
    I'm just wondering how long it will be until vzw starts letting alltel customer's upgrade to vzw............
    01-18-09 11:05 PM
    It probably won't be long. In all probabilty, the only thing holding it up is integrating the Alltel masses into the VZW billing system.

I don't blame them for not upgrading the Alltel system when it appears to be going away. It isn't an inexpensive undertaking.

Give it a month or two. If I were a betting man, I'd say probably no more than that.

01-19-09 12:59 AM
    I'm hoping it will happen soon. Me and the wife are eligible for upgrades in march with alltel, but are willing and ready to upgrade with verizon.
    01-19-09 01:32 AM
    PRL Update Effective 1/21/09
    effective: 1/21/2009

On 1/21, certain National PRL files will be updated and loaded onto the OTA platform. If a representative or customer dials *228 on 1/21, and is on one of applicable price plans, they will receive an updated PRL. The South Area changes to the PRLs are:

Move 850 channels above PCS to improve scan time:

SID 12 - Houston, TX

SID 41 - Atlanta, GA

SID 69 - Raleigh, NC

SID 95 - Greensboro, NC

SID 113 - Birmingham, AL

SID 127 - Charleston, SC

SID 139 - Charlotte, NC

SID 189 - Columbia, SC

The South Area PRL Listing Matrix and readable PRLs will be updated and can be found in InfoCenter.
    01-20-09 11:24 AM
    Quick question, if an Alltel customer calls a vz customer, will the VZ customer still get charged for those minutes, or is that included in mobile-to-mobile.
    01-22-09 12:02 PM
    Quick question, if an Alltel customer calls a vz customer, will the VZ customer still get charged for those minutes, or is that included in mobile-to-mobile.
    In the scenario right now...when an alltel cust calls a vzw cust...vzw cust free mobile-to-mobile while Alltel cust gets hit with airtime.
    01-22-09 09:14 PM
    that's what I was thinking it was. Sucks for my friends with Alltel, but it's great for me!

This merger is going to save me some serious dough. Almost everyone me or my wife talk to are with Verizon or Alltel. Because of this merger, I'll be able to drop my plan to 700 minutes!
    01-23-09 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD