As the title says why does it take so long to send a MMS picture to a contact. The picture is sized down so it's not large. but it just sits there after a contact is picked and the message is selected to send... then it just sit with an hourglass.....

Is this a network thing? I have awesome signal and 1XEV so don't think it's a connection issue...

What give, any input or suggestions let me know... Thanks....

*FYI sending to a BB messenger contact goes allot faster....
    09-17-08 03:57 PM
    Mine does the samething. Wish it was faster, but I think it has to do with resizing of the picture by the phone or network before it sent
    09-17-08 05:08 PM
    I see what your saying but the picture is already taken as mms size. You think it compacts it even more for sending?

I can't remember if regular phones took a long time or not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-08 05:26 PM
    Mine takes forever too. It just sits on the hourglass while sending, kinda gets on my nerves.
    09-17-08 09:04 PM
    Mine used to as well - thankfully its an easy fix. Change the default pic size in your camera setting to a smaller size. This won't affect resolution or anything, but your mms times will significantly increase.

09-17-08 09:08 PM
    Mine used to as well - thankfully its an easy fix. Change the default pic size in your camera setting to a smaller size. This won't affect resolution or anything, but your mms times will significantly increase.

Sweet thanks!
    09-17-08 09:09 PM
    Hmmm still doesn't work. As you can see in my original post. I did mention that I resized the picture already but still sends slow. Bogs down the phone.

09-17-08 09:18 PM
    Seems to have worked for me. I changed the picture size to 640x480 and it sent right away.
    09-17-08 09:22 PM
    Yester, this should work for you. It could, however, be a network issue.

09-17-08 09:38 PM
    Jenay, well i had those settings applied like I said before, but a phone call to Verizon, and they switched and messed with stuff on their end, and bam, working good now.
    09-18-08 03:50 PM
    Jenay, well i had those settings applied like I said before, but a phone call to Verizon, and they switched and messed with stuff on their end, and bam, working good now.
    I don't do much MMS. But, just switched over from 88xx to 83xx. Everytime I snap a photo and send it, the berry FREEZES for 20 seconds or so before actually sends out the photo. At this point is it converting the pic to a smaller size or is the Verizon network timing out? I think if you snap 2mp photos you are going to have this problem w/ the berry. My personl opinion.
    09-19-08 07:00 AM
    On my previous Verizon "dumb" phones it would send the MMS in the background allowing you to do other things while it is working. With my BlackBerry's you get stuck watching the hourglass for 20 seconds , a minor inconvenience but never the less annoying.

09-19-08 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD