does verizon block us from sending ringtones to other ppl on verizon? if so is there any way around the block???
    08-07-09 04:49 PM
    Email. Most carriers have phone emails that show up as mms on a dumbphone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 04:51 PM
    what?? im not using email...sorry but i don't understand what you're trying to say. I'm using MMS from my BB storm to send ringtone files to a LG Dare but it wont receive the mms if i send from dare to storm the ringtones appear on my phone but i cant save/play them...is VZ blocking this or am i not using mms correctly?

PS: Both phones are on VZ
    08-07-09 05:35 PM
    There is only an issue if the tones are protected.

They might be the wrong audio format for your BB to recognize.

08-07-09 05:43 PM
    There is only an issue if the tones are protected.

They might be the wrong audio format for your BB to recognize.

Yea I tested it again and it works from storm to storm but not storm to lg dare.. Eh as long as vzw isn't blockin it I guess ill find a way thanks for the help

08-07-09 07:28 PM
    Verizon phones have an "email" that will show up as an MMS, this is how I used to put ringtones on all my phones and friend's phones before I had a BB. I'm not sure if it works this way anymore but you can send an email from your storm to (10-digit #)@vzwpix.com

If that doesn't work then it might be incompatible file types. Before when I would make my own ringtones it had to be under 400k (or around there) or the phone wouldn't accept it. It also had to be 22Hz, 128kpbs, and a mono signal.

Take all this with a grain of salt because I haven't actually done this in about a year and have no idea if it works anymore. Hope it helps.
    08-07-09 09:59 PM
    Verizon phones have an "email" that will show up as an MMS, this is how I used to put ringtones on all my phones and friend's phones before I had a BB. I'm not sure if it works this way anymore but you can send an email from your storm to (10-digit #)@vzwpix.com

If that doesn't work then it might be incompatible file types. Before when I would make my own ringtones it had to be under 400k (or around there) or the phone wouldn't accept it. It also had to be 22Hz, 128kpbs, and a mono signal.

Take all this with a grain of salt because I haven't actually done this in about a year and have no idea if it works anymore. Hope it helps.
    I read this thread and tried what I quoted and the only thing was that the "file size was to big to send error" so it did not send, but i was just curious to try I get my ringtones another way.
    If the ringtone I had tried to send was a smaller file it would have went though though just as that person stated , it appears it would still work that way FYI
    Last edited by DavidNC; 08-08-09 at 11:08 AM.
    08-08-09 11:03 AM
    I cant send ringtones from vtones to others but the ringtones on crackberry and the ones I make. I send to my partner and folks all the time. works fine.
    08-08-09 12:34 PM
    A lot of newer phones with updated software have a protection of sorts that when you MMS or bluetooth ringtones from one phone to another, you're limited with what you can do with the files. If this is the case, its not Verizon blocking you as much as them not letting you steal music....
    Are the ringtones you're attempting to send from your Dare ones you've downloaded? Or created yourself.
    08-10-09 07:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD