For 2 weeks I have been trying to get some answers from VZW about why I cannot send or recieve mms from AT&T customers, VZW says there system is fine its AT&T and they had not heard of it call AT&T, At&t says they are well aware and it is widespread, (I had an AT&T customer call) call VZW and get someone familiar and should fix. uhhgg I call VZW back they initially say not aware and then stumble accross numerous reports of same problem but will again have to check system... long problem (tech support) CSR at VZW had AT&T device tried to MMS me and did not work (so atleast he verified the prob) Has anyone else on here experienced this problem? if so has it been fixed? Help finding my latest switch to VZW is taking alot of my time to get this issue resolved, many calls to CSR are very aggravating explaining the problem over and over, push the tech support # and explain the problem and the csr doesnt know anything about texting issues becuase she is in the cancelations dept. so I get to explain it again, I went through 4 csr in that phone call, That was just one of the calls. If anyone has info on this glich please let me know.
    01-10-10 12:21 PM
    I can't send video to AT&T (at least not to our iPhone), but since it isn't important I never bothered to call about it. I figured it was just a temporary problem, because I had done it in the past. Anyway, trying to remember, but it seems like the iPhone comes up with a message of "file too large" or something like that. I figured it was an AT$T problem. I'll have to try again and see what happens.
    01-10-10 02:37 PM
    At&t says they are well aware and it is widespread, (I had an AT&T customer call) call VZW and get someone familiar and should fix. uhhgg
    What does that mean?
    01-10-10 03:19 PM
    What does that mean?
    Translation: Neither company wants to admit they're at fault for the problem.

That being said, I strongly suspect it is AT&T's problem since one family member I know who has a BB on AT&T can't upload stuff to flickr via MMS but can through their email account they setup on the BB.
    01-10-10 03:27 PM
    3 of the phones I have been trying to mms pictures to are IPhones the the others are BB's and LG's. AT&T meaning of widespread was they have customers all over the country calling with this complaint, I did not speak to them this was relayed to me from a friend who I asked to call them. IMO neither company wants to cop to it but VZW wireless preliminary thought is that my numbe is a previous alltel # and they think it may be causing the problem?? Im not a phone guru but I thought that was just a #??
    01-10-10 11:35 PM
    Do you know for sure that the iPhone users installed the software to enable MMS? It was not available when iPhones first came out.
    01-10-10 11:45 PM
    Yes all 3 have been updated. One of the phones on my plan is an lg and it will not send texts to facebook either.
    01-11-10 11:31 AM
    To be honest, if it is strictly an issue with AT&T customers, then it is likely on AT&T's side. I personally haven't heard of this issue and have had no issues with sending any type of message to anyone I know who is on AT&T, and haven't heard of this problem....
    01-11-10 12:33 PM
    i get videos and pics from verizon people all the time with no problems and I'm on ATT
    01-11-10 12:37 PM
    I send and receive MMS from iPhone users as well without any issues.
    01-11-10 12:44 PM
    I'm on AT&T and as of yesterday have been unable to receive MMS either from friends who are on Verizon. I ran into this problem a couple months ago. When I spoke to an AT&T CSR they transferred me to someone in their tech dept. The reasoning (from what I remember) was the 3rd party company that is used to send MMS somehow had me routed incorrectly. They told me they would correct it and later that evening I started receiving MMS again.
    01-11-10 01:40 PM
    Instead of calling go talk to a tech at a corporate store. Have them check out the settings in your device. It could be AT&T sounds like it but having your device looked at would be a good idea
    01-11-10 03:01 PM
    Just got a follow up call from VZW (not a tech working the case, but someone checking to see if problem is fixed) turns out this a problem with a 3rd party company that is used to transfer messages but this company works between VZW's 3rd party and AT&T so it is difficult for VZW to work with, now they want me to get someone with AT&T to report the problem so AT&T can contact their 3rd party vendor... what a mess!
    01-24-10 01:52 PM
    Try this free app: YouCast for Blackberry. It allows you to send BIG BIG media files from bb to bb or from bb to regular email account. To download the software, point your bb browser to m.youcast.net/blackberry.html
    01-24-10 04:48 PM
    3 of the phones I have been trying to mms pictures to are IPhones the the others are BB's and LG's. AT&T meaning of widespread was they have customers all over the country calling with this complaint, I did not speak to them this was relayed to me from a friend who I asked to call them. IMO neither company wants to cop to it but VZW wireless preliminary thought is that my numbe is a previous alltel # and they think it may be causing the problem?? Im not a phone guru but I thought that was just a #??
    I believe you were given accurate information about the previous Alltel #. tsguy52 is the real expert and can give good information to you. If you're number was previously an Alltel number and you switched to VZW then it is "packed" in the Alltel tower it originated from. The Alltel system was different and simple. That is why some features such as VVM and maybe Navigator don't work. It may not be ATT's fault and it isn't Verizon's either. From what I'e been told, the problem is the conversion of the towers.

Verizon most likely needs some time to make all of the conversions and could not reasonably be expected to do so overnight.
    01-24-10 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD