For some reason when I switched to Verizon I didn't get a Blackberry. Dumb move because I miss having one SO much.

Anyway, when the Tour comes out I plan on getting one. The one (emphasis on one!) good thing is that with Sprint I was able to get unlimited text, e-mail, web and navigation with 200 minutes for only $60 a month.

I know that with Verizon having a Blackberry is pretty expensive monthly, but what will be the cheapest way for me to get all those things I mentioned? I'm having trouble figuring out what would be the best option. I don't need a lot of minutes because I'm more of a texter. (Keep in mind the majority of the people I know have Verizon as well, so I can factor in mobile to mobile.)
    Last edited by TehPatty; 06-23-09 at 10:53 PM.
    06-23-09 10:48 PM
    you can get 450 min and everything else you want for about $110 to $120.
    06-23-09 10:54 PM
    The cheapest talk plan you'll be able to sign up with is 450 minutes for $39.99, data is $29.99, unl text is $20, and VZ Nav is $9.99. So you're looking at ~$100 unless you can convince them that you really don't need that many minutes, maybe they can put you on a slightly cheaper talk plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 10:57 PM
    Ouch. SO much a month... It's hard to believe for some people but I rarely would even use the full 200 and I still don't even use that much even though I'm allowed 450 now. Maybe if they look at that history I can convince them?

I suppose it's worth it in the long run cause I don't think I've ever had a dropped call or a bad experience with customer service with Verizon.
    06-23-09 11:03 PM
    You sound EXACTLY like me. I don't use that many of my minutes (I just looked at my bill earlier tonight, I used about 100 of 450) and the few people that I do actually talk to have Verizon but I'm a HUGE texter (usually over 5000/mo) so unlimited text is great.

If I hadn't purchased ring tones (stupid stupid) and a game (and hadn't only paid half of last month's bill :x) mine would have been about $100.

$59.99 450 minutes unlimited text with $29 bb plan.. $5.99 insurance plus stupid minuscule fees and stupid VA communications tax..

sorry for being wordy! But yes, I tell myself ALL THE TIME that Verizon is worth it. Consider their great customer service and great signal as well.

best of luck
    06-23-09 11:28 PM
    Minimum plan minutes is 450

06-23-09 11:46 PM
    For some reason when I switched to Verizon I didn't get a Blackberry. Dumb move because I miss having one SO much.

Anyway, when the Tour comes out I plan on getting one. The one (emphasis on one!) good thing is that with Sprint I was able to get unlimited text, e-mail, web and navigation with 200 minutes for only $60 a month.

I know that with Verizon having a Blackberry is pretty expensive monthly, but what will be the cheapest way for me to get all those things I mentioned? I'm having trouble figuring out what would be the best option. I don't need a lot of minutes because I'm more of a texter. (Keep in mind the majority of the people I know have Verizon as well, so I can factor in mobile to mobile.)
    actually the lowest plan you can get for a blackberry on sprint is 450 mins thats unlimited everything except those minutes and if you get the 7$ insurance option your bill would be $85.72 Each MONTH
    06-23-09 11:55 PM

actually the lowest plan you can get for a blackberry on sprint is 450 mins thats unlimited everything except those minutes and if you get the 7$ insurance option your bill would be $85.72 Each MONTH with taxes included
    06-23-09 11:56 PM
    Minimum plan minutes is 450

I called Verizon a few months ago looking to lower my phone bill. The woman I spoke with said they could put me on a 200 (or was it 250?) minute plan but then I'd still have to add text messaging so it would end up saving me nothing.

I think she said it's usually for older people but since I was such a good customer, they'd be able to help me out. Needless to say I kept the 450, just in case.
    06-23-09 11:59 PM
    They do have a senior plan with lower minutes. It is bone-stock basic stuff. I don't think you can have it with BlackBerry, but will defer to the real reps here.

06-24-09 01:05 AM
    Around $100 would be right.
    06-24-09 02:20 AM
    actually the lowest plan you can get for a blackberry on sprint is 450 mins thats unlimited everything except those minutes and if you get the 7$ insurance option your bill would be $85.72 Each MONTH with taxes included
    At the time I was with Sprint I paid $60 a month to have my Pearl. $29.99 for my minutes and $30 for their Blackberry plan that included unlimited texts and navigation.
    06-24-09 05:34 PM
    At the time I was with Sprint I paid $60 a month to have my Pearl. $29.99 for my minutes and $30 for their Blackberry plan that included unlimited texts and navigation.
    At the time maybe but I don't think today.

06-24-09 05:48 PM

best thing they have for you right now is.
    39.99=450 min ul m2m and n&w
    10= unlimited m2m text 500 out of network
    29.99= BIS
    so about 79.98 plus taxes about 87 bucks
    06-24-09 05:51 PM
    They do have a senior plan with lower minutes. It is bone-stock basic stuff. I don't think you can have it with BlackBerry, but will defer to the real reps here.

jesus you are a wealth of mis information..you also have to be 65 to have that plan
    06-24-09 05:52 PM
    jesus you are a wealth of mis information..you also have to be 65 to have that plan
    Mis-information? That is a dopey statement evidently in an attempt to make me look bad, but you failed miserably

A) I did not profess to be an expert on the 65 Plus plan, which is why I said I would defer to the VZW reps. As for the rest of it, what was misinformation?

Let's see here - the details are as follows:

• Only for age 65 plus, with age verification required.
    • 200 anytime minutes, with 500 night/weekends.
    • Not compatible with BlackBerry or smartphones.
    • Access to Mobile Web @ $1.99/MB
    • Nationwide long distance included.

If you would learn reading comprehension, you might be able to see I was adding info on the ONLY advertised minutes plan below the 450 Basic plan. My point was that the 450 minute plan is the cheapest BlackBerry voice component available.

Of course, what I've read of your words, it is you who knows nothing except misinformation. Quit trying to puff yourself up on the backs of others by purposely misreading what is written.

The young ones seem to get worse & worse each day.

Posted from my BSDetectorBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 06:58 PM
    Holy Moses. It looks like some people can't figure out that SENIOR usually means 65+. Dopey statement is an understatement but some people aren't happy unless they are out stirring up trouble.

06-24-09 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD