1. bjelder's Avatar
    Hey Folks-

    2 days ago I picked up a Blackberry Curve, neglecting to think about the new storm coming out, because I didn't think I would be interested. Now the more I look at it and research it, the better I like it.

    Most places say that it is coming out for verizon mid to late november. I bought the phone on the 21st of October. Verizon has a 30 day exchange policy, so I'm wondering what my options are.

    Assuming the launch of the storm falls within my 30 day window, all is good I can just make a straight swap (probably have to pony up some cash as well).

    However.... if it falls outside of my 30 day window what are my options? Would it be possible to return my curve, go back to my old phone (LG chocolate, ugh) for a few days, then by the storm when it comes out? Will returning my curve allow me to re-upgrade?

    Any suggestions are more thank welcome, thanks ahead of time.
    10-24-08 03:28 AM
  2. Johnny_Utah's Avatar
    Yes the Storm will be released within your 30 days. (Probably Nov. 9th) If it gets pushed back, then YES you can take your curve back and go back to your chocolate for a few days then go get the Storm. (when it comes out)
    10-24-08 05:05 AM
  3. TheSultan's Avatar
    You've got options, but I wouldn't hold your breath for Verizon to release anything. It usually takes a while and there seems to regularly be set backs and hiccups.
    10-24-08 05:27 AM
  4. sexyberry's Avatar
    I would bring the phone back before the 30 days because I really want the storm. It will be released soon. Thinking about what would be the cheapest plan on Verizon so I can get that phone. I have SEP @ sprint. Nothing out here beats it and no drop outs anymore along the northeast corridor (even in the tunnel)

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-08 07:53 AM
  5. skyefalcon's Avatar
    Hey Folks-

    2 days ago I picked up a Blackberry Curve, neglecting to think about the new storm coming out, because I didn't think I would be interested. Now the more I look at it and research it, the better I like it.

    Most places say that it is coming out for verizon mid to late november. I bought the phone on the 21st of October. Verizon has a 30 day exchange policy, so I'm wondering what my options are.

    Assuming the launch of the storm falls within my 30 day window, all is good I can just make a straight swap (probably have to pony up some cash as well).

    However.... if it falls outside of my 30 day window what are my options? Would it be possible to return my curve, go back to my old phone (LG chocolate, ugh) for a few days, then by the storm when it comes out? Will returning my curve allow me to re-upgrade?

    Any suggestions are more thank welcome, thanks ahead of time.

    There's a side-by-side comparison of the iPhone, Blackberry Bold, and the Blackberry Storm (touch-screen BB) on the homepage of this site.

    Check that out as part of your evaluation process.

    I'm patiently waiting to trade my Tmo Dash in for new BB BOLD for me and the wife when they come out.
    10-24-08 08:12 AM
  6. trebb's Avatar
    I'd wait a few weeks and enjoy your curve. Hopefully there will be an official release date sometime in the near future. When we find that out, see if it falls within your 30 day window. If not, return the curve for a bit and go back to the chocolate like you said.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-08 08:26 AM
  7. JStiner's Avatar
    I would take the phone back now.
    A lot can happen between now and then.
    You break it, scratch it, or drop it in water and your stuck with is.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-08 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD