Worked at Circuit City for 5 years, and was a supervisor for 2. I applied for "retail ops" and sales. From what I understand retail ops is just customer service?
    03-20-09 03:28 PM
    Ops is usually inventory related. Position is usually called an ASO. Sales or management is the place to be.
    03-20-09 03:40 PM
    Well I can say that the benefits are great! THe rest is what you make of it. I have been width company for just over 3 years and I am happy
    03-20-09 06:01 PM
    ...is to not spread rumors about upcoming Os's or devices. You'll get FLAMED!!!!
    03-20-09 07:08 PM
    ...is to not spread rumors about upcoming Os's or devices. You'll get FLAMED!!!!
    Wow, how does this line fit in here, you will not get flamed if you right As matter I have a good intel from a high ranking VZW type person that it should be soon.
    03-20-09 07:44 PM
    Wow, how does this line fit in here, you will not get flamed if you right As matter I have a good intel from a high ranking VZW type person that it should be soon.
    I called 611. Got Arizona. Called 611 again. Called 611 again. Got Utah. Called 611 again. Got Washington. Called 611 again and again and again. Finally reached Albuquerque. Asked for Lastraid. They told me no one by that name worked there.

So don't listen to the writer above me. He knows not that which he speaketh about working for VZW.

Then again, when I got through to Washington, they told me that while there may be a few bums there, they knew of no Weekendbum.

Me thinx we have a conspiracy going on here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-09 08:51 PM
    I may flame you anyway.
    03-20-09 08:52 PM
    Bring it on! BTW the intel I have is for the Storm
    03-20-09 09:04 PM
    You discovered me.
    03-20-09 09:08 PM
    You discovered me.
    Is there a way to undiscover you now?

BTW - I can't believe lr missed my comments about him.

03-20-09 09:17 PM
    Bring it on! BTW the intel I have is for the Storm
    Ha ha ha. Okay. It is brought? Do you really have intel on the Storm?
    03-20-09 09:21 PM
    Ha ha ha. Okay. It is brought? Do you really have intel on the Storm?
    Of course he does. There is a new OS for the Storm being released within the next two years.

03-20-09 09:28 PM
    Yes I do, but if I am wrong, I will be flammed :X
    Last edited by lastraid; 03-20-09 at 09:49 PM.
    03-20-09 09:46 PM
    I'm on the landline side, but I can tell you that Verizon is a GREAT company to work for!!!
    03-20-09 09:48 PM
    I'm on the landline side, but I can tell you that Verizon is a GREAT company to work for!!!
    Yes it is - like AT&T once was.

Yes I do, but if I am wrong, I will be flammed :X
    But we want to flame you.
    I may flame you anyway.
    And see? I'll have help; a partner in crime, err flaming, if you will.

03-20-09 10:38 PM
    Worked at Circuit City for 5 years, and was a supervisor for 2. I applied for "retail ops" and sales. From what I understand retail ops is just customer service?
    Retail Ops is technically a customer service position, but it usually isn't a customer facing job (you don't deal directly with customers). It's considered a "customer service" job because the pay scale is in line with the customer service positions. They generally don't make as much as a sales position. Our retail ops consultant is the person that is responsible for making sure that the operations of retails locations are running according to policy. Generally those positions go to employees that have been with the company for a while and are already familiar with the operations of a vzw retail store.
    03-20-09 10:38 PM
    I was in customer service before leaving the company and becoming a master agent. The benefits are some of the best in the industry. Couldn't tell you much about the position for which you applied. As long as your not salaried, you'll like it.
    03-20-09 11:23 PM
    ill just say this....i could not keep a job for over 3 months.....then i landed the job at vzw as a csr and i been working for the company for 1 year on march 27th....but the best part is the $6 of free food in the cafeteria i got for my 1yr anniversary.....but i did get a $2000 bonus ontop of my normal paycheck.......vzw ftw
    03-23-09 09:25 AM
    Well I work in NORCAL in National Accounts and I dont work sales but we are under sales and marketing...totally support the sales channels. Verizon is the BEST employer right now to have. Benefits are cool...Pay is way above average...and everyone in sales out here drives a BMW 5 series minimum...so my advise is to come on over while you can. A supervisor in my department got BAMBOOZLED..into going to circuit city in December...now he wants to come back and he has to wait 6months before he can reapply...to be a customer service rep! LOL stupid!
    03-25-09 12:25 AM
    I have my interview at 2PM today! I'm really hoping this goes well, ive been trying to get on with Verizon for a while now. A friend of mine, who is a Manager at a store, told me I had to be gone from Circuit City for 6 months (I was laid off in June) before they will consider your employment.
    03-25-09 01:33 PM
    G'luck with the job! VZW is a great company, thought about trying to get a part time job there myself.
    03-25-09 03:48 PM
    i worked for VZW for over 2 years, customer service. it is a great job, and i'd suggest to anyone who is into tech and learning stuff apply there. but i quit for personal reasons, disagreements with particular call center associate directors who will remain nameless unless you ask nicely!
    btw, he was a total d1ck! and i'd do ANYTHING to flame his *** IRL....
    03-25-09 05:18 PM
    Verizon is a great job to have.....however it is a VERY performance based company. If you can produce you will do well and make a lot of money.....however working cc (pressure side of it) and working for VZW is night and day.....vzw does have a lot of pressure that comes with the job (but you get compensated for your work in pay and benefits (along with bonuses ) )
    03-25-09 09:44 PM
    i really do wish i get hired at verizon, i love cellphones but i always apply and never get it
    03-25-09 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD