Will Verizon replace a Storm 9550 that is branded by them, but wasn't directly bought from them (not me I mean)? I bought the phone online. But now it's acting up. Just curious as to my options.

Thank you!
    05-10-10 11:48 PM
    Did you get it from an authorized 3rd party like wirefly, or amazon? And are you on a 2 year contract? If so they might, or they might want you to go to the 3rd party first. Have you called the 800 number yet? 1-800-922-0204
    05-10-10 11:52 PM
    yea,,,they might if u hav the 2 yr contract
    05-11-10 01:26 AM
    If you did not purchase the phone from them there is no warranty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-10 01:26 AM
    Supermario is correct. I bought a phone from a third party took it them when I had a few problems and they said no warranty. The only thing that would help is if you added insurance on the phone when you activated it then you could go through them.
    05-11-10 05:34 AM
    Verizon will do NOTHING for a phone that was not purchased from their store/online site. Trust me. Ive had many issues with them before over this. Once they pull up your account and see that the ESN is not from a Verizon store/online site, they'll tell you sorry and carry on with your day.
    05-11-10 03:01 PM
    Yeah verizon loves to tell everyone that story. I think it should not matter. RIM puts a one year warranty on there phones.
    05-11-10 04:33 PM
    Yeah verizon loves to tell everyone that story. I think it should not matter. RIM puts a one year warranty on there phones.
    Then call RIM.
    05-17-10 11:36 AM
    Then call RIM.
    You can not call RIM. You can email them.
    05-17-10 05:06 PM
    Yes you can call RIM, you just pay for the support.

05-17-10 05:49 PM
    Will Verizon replace a Storm 9550 that is branded by them, but wasn't directly bought from them (not me I mean)? I bought the phone online. But now it's acting up. Just curious as to my options.

Thank you!
    If you bought the phone from a third party retailer then they most likely have some sort of warranty in place. If you bought it from a private party then you are out of luck.

05-17-10 07:28 PM
    The only warranty in place is through RIM. Verizon does not cover phones that were bought from authorized retailers. They only insure phones bought from them and only if you insure it when purchased. This was stated above which you would have known had you read the thread prior to posting. No offense but read the entire thread before posting.
    05-17-10 07:36 PM
    The only warranty in place is through RIM. Verizon does not cover phones that were bought from authorized retailers. They only insure phones bought from them and only if you insure it when purchased. This was stated above which you would have known had you read the thread prior to posting. No offense but read the entire thread before posting.
    I'm not sure if that comment was directed towards me or not. But I meant the third party retailer will probably have some sort of warranty in place.

05-17-10 07:40 PM
    if you have dents in the chrome, and the lock button at the top is chipped but works, will they accept a warranty?
    05-17-10 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD