Hi all. Anybody know if mifi and wireless card provide the same speed when online? What would be the benefit of one over the other? Thanks.
    01-22-10 04:26 PM
    Yes, speeds are the same. Mifi you can hook to via wifi and hook up to a total of 5 other devices as well

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by lastraid; 01-22-10 at 05:49 PM.
    01-22-10 04:34 PM
    On a one computer basis yes, the speeds are the same however if you hook up multiple computers the mifi is like any other wireless router that will slow down a bit.
    01-22-10 05:44 PM
    I had a wireless card a couple of years ago for work, but it was painfully slow. Do you guys think the speed has improved much in recent years?
    01-22-10 08:14 PM
    I had a wireless card a couple of years ago for work, but it was painfully slow. Do you guys think the speed has improved much in recent years?
    Depends on how long you are talking, The first cards were on teh 1xrtt or national access network. They have evolved from EVDO Rev O and now to EVDO rev A. I bet with in this year they will change to to LTE
    01-22-10 09:27 PM
    I like the new mifi capability of the palm pre plus. It to can be used as a mifi device.

01-22-10 11:40 PM
    I like the new mifi capability of the palm pre plus. It to can be used as a mifi device.

Yes it can, but once again, there will additional monthy(proratble fee) to do this.
    01-23-10 07:42 AM
    I wasnt told that the pre plus will be able to wirelessly tether!?
    From what I was told they dont support tethering at ALL...
    01-23-10 07:46 AM
    Yes, the training was not clear on this. Did they also tell you that at release, both devices will not do video MMS? They can send if on the device memory and recv one from other. You will not be able to take video and send.
    01-23-10 07:49 AM
    Has it been clear if the Palm wireless tether fee is going to be $30 or $60? I've heard both.. and one figure from an area president...
    01-23-10 03:49 PM
    mifi, all the way. i have heard the wireless tether will be same cost to tether with verizon data equaling 60
    01-23-10 04:03 PM
    the video is based on the memory of the device. its cool its runs 40+ apps smoothly but not being able to record video??
    01-23-10 04:04 PM
    Has it been clear if the Palm wireless tether fee is going to be $30 or $60? I've heard both.. and one figure from an area president...
    I heard it was $40...
    01-23-10 05:39 PM
    I have tried my Mom's mifi with just one laptop. It was painfully slow! Same speed as my pearl tethered! My friends air card much faster. Now after reading post above there might be something wrong with the wifi. Just my experience.

01-23-10 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD