I know there is aplace to ask this question but I hopeing just a quick yes or no would do. I receieved a txt saying that where I live in west virginia was getting a new area code 618 as of sunday so this got me more excited than a puppy with two peters, I called vzw today and talk to one of your oustanding reps ( I mean that whole heartedly she was great) and asked her all she could tell me was it was north east wv. I also asked if it was going to be ev-do and she couldn't say eaither, not that she didn't want to she just couldn't find the info, so can anyone tell me? A city close to me is zip 25419, this is not my zip but realy close, and yes west virginia does actually have zip codes,lol... The tooth brush was invented hear, it had to have been, any where else it would be called teethbrush.... Thanks for the help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 04:28 PM
    If your current coverage is EVDO I don't believe that it would change. They're just adding a new area codes to allow for new phone numbers.
    02-24-09 04:35 PM
    area codes have no bearing on coverage.

Whatever you have before is what you'll have after your AC changes.
    02-24-09 04:48 PM
    I have nothing, I am always in extended, vzw is not hear yet, I am hopeing soon, hense the new area code... Maybe, possibly, hopefully

02-24-09 05:00 PM
    I see. It probably won't change much, but you never know It's actually your legislator adding the area code, not Verizon Wireless
    02-24-09 05:04 PM
    Want to see the site for more info than you'll ever want to know about NPAs (area codes) including some handy lookup tools and planned NPA changes/additions?

NANPA: North American Numbering Plan Administration

Getting around the site isn't too intuitive, but hey, it works.

Last edited by TwinsX2Dad; 02-24-09 at 08:01 PM.
    02-24-09 05:35 PM
    Alltell is/was hear so I am hopeing

02-24-09 05:41 PM
    Area code 618 already exists in Illinois. It covers the lower 1/3 of state.
    02-24-09 05:54 PM
    Oh crap it may have been 681 it is on my other phone, I am try to go by memorie... I shouldn't do that

02-24-09 06:19 PM
    I belive he meant 681.
    02-24-09 06:19 PM
    I belive he meant 681.
    He did - all of the NPAs with a one or zero in the second position were allocated many years ago.

So unless an area leaves North America, there are no more.

Of course, there are still rumors (rumours for your Euros) floating around about 12-14 digit phone numbers in the not-too-distant future. NPAs could be a thing of the past.
    02-24-09 08:06 PM
    I live in west verginia also.
    im in extened network, but extened broadband also.
    i cant wait! next month im switching to verizon, or the month after.
    waiting for that pearl flip to come out.
    02-24-09 08:42 PM
    So I am a VZW rep, so maybe I can help. I looked up the area code 618 and I think I am a bit confused. That area code already belongs to illinois. Are you sure you werent talking about 681? I know 681 was at least in WV..

anyway, hit me back.. I will check into it for you
    02-26-09 08:58 AM
    Yes it is 681 I lost my mind for a minute, btw thanks for helpin out

02-26-09 12:22 PM