Unlikely, but perhaps someone knows someone with an advance-released BB10 on VZW... maybe a rep or something. I am hoping that LTE can be shut off. I know there was a lot of ruckus about not being able to without 3rd party intervention on the Galaxy S3. I think this is the sort of thing they leave up to the carriers.

I don't know what sort of a battery vampire LTE is on BB10; I have read mixed reviews from other users, but those are all GSM devices. I am not sure if that'd even make a difference. It would be nice to have the option for just idling around getting emails and other random notifications, and turn LTE on when I want.
    03-15-13 04:27 PM
    Can't speak to vzw but I'm on Rogers in Canada and def have the option of turning it off which I do on occasion do. Def saves battery when not in an lte coverage area.

I realize ur question is vzw specific but just thought I'd put my two cents out there

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    eninrebmun likes this.
    03-15-13 04:37 PM
    Yes, I have yet to read of a Z10 on a particular network where there wasn't the option.

That being said, we'll know very soon if any of the American carriers will somehow have things set differently. Their desire to control every iota of services provided is almost laughable. (I wouldn't be laughing quite so much if they were my carrier though...)
    eninrebmun likes this.
    03-15-13 06:16 PM