My wife and I both have 8330s on VZW. SMS are sometimes very slow to get through (me to her), but emails seem to have no problem.

She's not the best (read that as really bad) at deleting old messages. It's not a memory issue - I've deleted all the usual junk from her BB (language support, sample video, etc) and she has 41,000,000+ free file space.

I know that on our old "dumb" phones, there was a limit (I think 100) SMS messages you could have in your phone at any given time. Are there such limits on the BB? Could that be causing my SMS messages to not get through?
    07-31-08 04:26 PM
    The phone has plenty of memorry for text messages. I had about 6000 saved from January to June and never had any problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-08 04:39 PM
    I wonder if there is even an answer to that question to be honest. I'm sure it would depend on device memory of course but texts aren't that big - emails may be at times, but you got the curve lol I almost think it's safe to say there isn't a limit.
    08-01-08 08:25 AM
    I have noticed the same thing happening with my phones too, both the 8703e I had and my new Curve. But it was only slow sending messages when it was to someone I had been messaging all day and had hundreds of messages from. If I tried to message anyone else it went through fine. I always just delete messages and it starts working like normal.
    08-09-08 09:48 AM
    The default is 30 days. You can set it to forever and keep as many messages as you want until you run out of memory.
    08-09-08 11:28 AM
    Have you tried pulling the battery on her phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-08 01:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD