There is a guy locally who has a couple phones to sells. He tells me he is a VZ store manager. Unless his acquiring them had nothing to do with his job, I was wondering how he got his hands on them?

Of course I'd make sure I could activate them and that they're clean before I bought anything.
    12-31-09 07:05 AM
    I bought a Storm recently off of ebay... the previous owners info was still in there and not wiped. I texted the previous owner and they called me and said they turned it in on the 30 return to the Verizon store... a few days later it appeared on ebay and I bought. She was very upset at what they did with her return.
    12-31-09 07:10 AM
    Verizon employees are allowed to upgrade yearly (10 months) so it's possible he has just aquired a few extra phones. Also he may beta test phones. Of COURSE buyer beware on any after market phone transactions. You should check the ESN/MEID with Verizon before buying.
    12-31-09 08:32 AM
    Verizon employees are allowed to upgrade yearly (10 months) so it's possible he has just aquired a few extra phones. Also he may beta test phones. Of COURSE buyer beware on any after market phone transactions. You should check the ESN/MEID with Verizon before buying.
    Amen! This advice has served me well in the past, thanks for updating it pk.

Also. I'd previously started a petition drive requiring all Mods get into the festive, holiday mood (with each respective holiday during the course of the year), by appropriately updating their avatar. Kevin tweeted me early this morning to let me know that he had run the policy change up the proverbial SPE chain, they have adopted that policy, and effective January 1, 2010, any Mod not so participating will be publicly flogged. To that end I feel it's imperative (with only 14 hours until 2010, EST), to advice you, pk, that your current avatar is not compliant with the new policy. Please take a moment to correct what I'm sure was just an innocent oversight on your part. Thanks.
    12-31-09 08:45 AM
    This was a Droid and eris, so they're newer than 10 months.
    12-31-09 10:45 AM
    It seems to me like the person your buying from could possibly be an indirect agent. You may want to look into that option as well.
    12-31-09 01:24 PM
    Sounds to me that this guy has sticky fingers and he's full of sh!t.
    12-31-09 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD