07-31-09 01:51 PM
33 12
tools
    07-22-09 09:35 AM
    Can you please post the story on here... VZW won't let me access it
    Last edited by bs1two; 07-22-09 at 10:10 AM.
    07-22-09 10:08 AM
    Kinda of crazy !!!! imagine if that happens to the ATT CEO, the line of people would be amazing....LOL
    07-22-09 10:12 AM
    Kinda of crazy !!!! imagine if that happens to the ATT CEO, the line of people would be amazing....LOL
    Would probably look like the VZW network commercials... "Can you hear me now"
    07-22-09 10:17 AM
    Lol that would be hilarious. The only thing that I am confused about is the CEO of verizonwireless is Lowell McAdam.
    07-22-09 10:21 AM
    sorry all i got is the video from the site.
    07-22-09 10:23 AM
    This was to funny, especially when he hollered "Can You Hear Me Now". I am still laughing.
    07-22-09 10:25 AM
    07-22-09 10:28 AM
    Same here!!!
    07-22-09 11:25 AM
    Wrong ceo genious

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 12:48 PM
    Funny that people are saying verizon is blocking access to this piece. I got it just fine after the stupid BB browser wouldn't render the site. Using Opera or this nifty touchscreen Samsung loaner, both on verizon, I read the article without problem.

The story is not newsworthy. Similar stunts have been pulled with att execs, P&G execs, apple execs, microsoft execs and even mcdonalds execs. Don't even ask about enron execs.

Seidenberg is ceo of verizon communications, not verizon wireless.

Get a real browser and you might be able to catch some of the more humorous stuff online...like this one.

Ivan should have shot the guy but is probably too much of a weenie.

07-22-09 12:58 PM
    Lol I'm at work and it wouldnt let me on their I thought thtats what they meant by vzw blocked it lol
    07-22-09 01:06 PM
    Yeah. Websites need to be pre approved to be viewed. Vzw employees have very limited internet access at work.

07-22-09 01:16 PM
    Yeah. Websites need to be pre approved to be viewed. Vzw employees have very limited internet access at work.

At least they have more access than att people.

07-22-09 01:52 PM
    The only thing that I am confused about is the CEO of verizonwireless is Lowell McAdam.
    That's what makes this guy twice the fool!
    07-22-09 08:02 PM
    Funny that people are saying verizon is blocking access to this piece.
    Don't read too much into that. VZW employee internet access while at work is whitelisted. Meaning that we can't access anything save for a select group of websites. You have to go through a long process to get more sites added.

Crackberry is one of the whitelisted sites.
    07-22-09 08:12 PM
    I believe his response was probably due to the fact on mobile access, you cannot see user info - so the comment would make sense even to me in thinking maybe someone was blaming VZW for blocking customers.

VZW is not blocking customer BlackBerry access to the site - but it isn't approved for employee viewing on company networks.

No customers were harmed in the linking of that article. Move along now - there is nothing more to see.

07-22-09 08:48 PM
    Wrong ceo genious

Seeing as how Verizon Communications is the majority owner of Verizon Wireless, it is a "step above" per se...

Also, since Ivan likely lives where VZ is the local telco, his address being unlisted makes it a double whammy of sorts.
    Last edited by Gawain; 07-22-09 at 09:06 PM.
    07-22-09 09:03 PM
    "Keep us safe in your loving arms, Ivan." Haha
    07-22-09 11:46 PM
    Ivan is CEO of Verizon Com, Lowel McAdam is over Verizon Wireless. VZ COM is the parent company of VZW.

I found the clip humorous, I just wonder if its true.
    07-23-09 05:44 PM
    It's still funny to know that people would go the extra mile to get their point out..!
    07-23-09 06:44 PM
    It's still funny to know that people would go the extra mile to get their point out..!
    You know, if I were in that guy's shoes, I would have just gone to the door, explain the who/what/where/when/how and offered to consult to VZ to avoid further gaps in "security" of customer data, etc.

He could have signed on for quite a lucrative deal.
    07-23-09 09:09 PM
    I know a guy...on this forum that emailed his carrier's exec's by guessing their names. He'd email joe.shmoe@verizon.com, j.schmoe@verizon.com, and every other combination possible. And it worked
    07-23-09 09:14 PM

Ain't that the truth? I was in-store changing devices, and the rep tried to let me use his PC to change my PIN on the VZW BIS site to the new device so I didn't miss any email. Absolutely none of the PCs in the entire store could even access the VZW BIS site.
    07-27-09 06:49 PM
    Sometimes I'm surprised we're able to access verzionwireless.com
    07-27-09 07:20 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD