Anyone taking the offer T-Mobile just announced? They will pay ETF's plus trade in your old device up to $650 offer for both. It's worth a look but worried about coverage.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 07:32 PM
    You could try borrowing someone's SIM to test out the network, or getting a SIM and a $3 PAYG day-to-day plan (I think the SIM costs $10.) The problem would be getting a TMO phone to test their network with. If I were really, really serious, I would research TMO's restocking policy, buy the phone you'd want to keep once you switch, and if it doesn't work out, and get a refund (minus any restocking fees that may apply.)

There are coverage maps too, but nothing beats personally conducted coverage tests.
    01-21-14 08:04 PM
    I'm sticking with my Verizon unlimited LTE. T-Mobile still has poor coverage and poor BlackBerry support.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 08:51 PM
    @Peter0328 IDK how you say TMobile has poor BB support....there's a 9810, 8900, 9000 and z10 on a 5 line plan. Get BBM free on two lines without data on them.
    On my old account, if there ever was a problem, a call to 611 usually fixed it....

YMMV for coverage but I'm between Pennsylvania and North Carolina several times a year and haven't had any coverage issue, sans one spot in Virginia where its a wireless black hole lol

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using CB Forums mobile app
    01-23-14 12:13 PM
    I think TMO has good coverage in most cities and highways but rural areas lack coverage. I spent a few hours going over their coverage map and I found that if you zoom in you can see the coverage much better.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    01-23-14 12:28 PM
    @Peter0328 IDK how you say TMobile has poor BB support....there's a 9810, 8900, 9000 and z10 on a 5 line plan. Get BBM free on two lines without data on them.
    On my old account, if there ever was a problem, a call to 611 usually fixed it....

YMMV for coverage but I'm between Pennsylvania and North Carolina several times a year and haven't had any coverage issue, sans one spot in Virginia where its a wireless black hole lol

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using CB Forums mobile app
    Poor support now. No Z30 and they do not advertise BlackBerry in store. It is direct request sales only.

I agree they supported BlackBerry much more in the past.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 02:44 PM
    I used to have T-Mobile. It is night and day coverage between T-Mobile and Verizon. Verizon has the most reliable network and best coverage hands down. T-Mobile works along most major highways and big cities. If you go out to the boonies, forget it.

10.2.1.1925 and never going back.
    DJM626 likes this.
    01-24-14 04:59 AM
    I was reading a few articles yesterday and it seems that a price war will be the big topic this year with carriers. They say by the end of 2016 contracts will go away and programs like edge will become the standard. What Tmobile did was shake up the two big carriers and make them think about how they do business . Verizon is working on a way to keep customers from migrating over to Tmobile from what I read.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    01-24-14 05:05 AM
    Verizon didn't suffer too much last quarter--they added just as many subs as TMO. TMO's been going after (relentlessly, I might add) AT&T, so it's likely them who saw a drop, and probably Sprint because they're, well...Sprint.

TMO's definitely shaking up the industry though. It would be a shame if they're bought out.
    01-24-14 09:32 AM
    Tmobile is currently in negotiations with the parent company of Sprint, hopefully if they merge they can get rid of the Sprint name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-24-14 09:44 AM
    I have Tmobile and the service is good, I have better service in more places than my girl who has sprint. I love the unlimited data, if I had Verizon my data alone would be over $100

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 02:47 PM
    I have Tmobile and the service is good, I have better service in more places than my girl who has sprint. I love the unlimited data, if I had Verizon my data alone would be over $100

Posted via CB10
    I would love to switch but after some research I found that areas I frequent have poor or no coverage also the rep from T-Mobile confirmed that service inside some homes and buildings could be limited. I need my phone to work all the time so the few hundred dollars more I spend a year is worth it.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 09:58 PM
    Well I live in Arizona and the TMO coverage Where I live is HORRIBLE. Like dropping calling and dropping service all together for half an hour.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 03:22 AM
    Well I live in Arizona and the TMO coverage Where I live is HORRIBLE. Like dropping calling and dropping service all together for half an hour.

Posted via CB10
    This is what is keeping me from switching, they keep talking about how good their coverage is but they also emphasize WIFI calling at the same time.

I know in my area they gained a lot of coverage from the failed AT&T deal but not enough to switch yet. I can honestly say they do have better coverage then Sprint.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 05:11 AM
    All I can say is be careful you couldn't pay me to go back to them. I had a bad ending with tmobile they showed me that I was just another customer after my loyal 8 years. Never looked back. Verizon yes I pay a higher bill but I don't have to worry about my wife breaking down on the siade of the road and not having a signal to call anyone in the middle of the city.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 05:29 AM
    All I can say is be careful you couldn't pay me to go back to them. I had a bad ending with tmobile they showed me that I was just another customer after my loyal 8 years. Never looked back. Verizon yes I pay a higher bill but I don't have to worry about my wife breaking down on the siade of the road and not having a signal to call anyone in the middle of the city.

Posted via CB10
    How true that can be and it's my biggest worry switching.
    02-03-14 07:54 AM