I've had the America's Choice 39.99 single line plan since 2005. I have a Storm and the 29.99 BB data plan. I am currently eligible for my early upgrade now although my contract is up in May. I'd like to get the Droid which I can buy today for 199. My boyfriend wants to join my plan on a friends and family plan. He currently has a dumb phone with ATT and wants to port over his number and get a new dumb phone with Verizon.

These are my questions:
    Will I be able to keep my America's choice plan with friends and family?

Since I am bringing a new line to Verizon will they give me a break on my Droid? Will they give him a dumb phone for free?

Currently they have an offer to get an Eris free with the purchase of a Droid. If I get that, and give my bf the Eris, will we have to get a data plan or can he just use it as a dumb phone?

If they wont give me a break on the Droid now can I forgo my upgrade for a few months until the renewal price of the Droid drops a bit?
    01-26-10 11:52 AM
    If you want a family plan you will have to change to current pricing.

Adding a line will not get you an extra discount on the Droid. Getting an Eris will require a data plan for that phone as long as its active. There are several free basic phones he could get for free.

You can add the line and change plans without upgrading your phone so you can wait for the Droid price to go down.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-10 11:59 AM
    You can get a Droid Eris free, thats a break on the phone. But it would require a data plan.
    You do not have Friends and Family with Americas choice, you would have to be on Naionwide pricing on a Family plan that's 1400 mins or higher.
    And make sure that he gets a Basic Feature phone that does not require data if he doesn't want that feature at all. You can wait on your upgrade if you want but I don't expect a decrease in the Droid real soon. But hey, that's my opinion.
    01-26-10 12:20 PM
    As stated, you'd need to move to one of the Nationwide Talk or Talk/Text Family plans. The cheapest with Friends/Family is the 1400min plan for 89.99 and adding unlimited texting on both lines would be $30 more if you wanted it. Then you'd need to pay the 29.99 for data on the Droid. That's a minimum of 119.98 for a droid+data package and a dumbphone before taxes, fees, other options. The phones in the 3G Multimedia category also require a minimum 9.99 data package.

The BOGO offer requires you to sign up for a 2 yr contract and a data package on both. You could technically get the Droid and Droid Eris, get a verizon dumbphone from craigslist or ebay and activate that on the line in order to drop the data on the second line. Then the Eris is yours to sell or keep as a spare.
    01-26-10 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD