Hey guys, I have a quick question that I'm hoping someone has the answer to. I get a 20% discount with my work but I am the secondary line (I paid the bills but it was set up under my parents name because I did not have any credit history when I went to college). Is there a way to make my line the primary so that I can get the discount on my data package as well? I edited the profile in MyVerizon so that my line is the primary, but I don'd think that did anything. My bill statement still shows the monthly access charge to be $60 for my parents line and $9.99 for mine. Then it shows the data and text that is added to my line. Thanks in advance!
    04-24-10 02:05 PM
    Yes this can be done. The owner or account manager have to call in and have this done. Once doen, you will see prorations of const on the next bill.

Once done, then you can go www.vzw.com/getdiscount and sign up. This will owrk, unless your company requires additional processing. ie paycheck stub or ID
    04-24-10 02:26 PM
    I already have the discount on my account and I am an account manager. Guess I will have to call in to get this done. Thanks!
    04-24-10 02:47 PM
    Note that for some employers, the discount applies only to the access plan and not to the data plan. YMMV
    04-24-10 03:32 PM
    Yep, more times than not discoutns only apply to the primary line, not any of of the secondary lines. If this is the case, you can break out on a stand alone plan.
    04-24-10 04:16 PM
    I just made my line the primary line but the bill did not change. I am guessing that it is only updated once a month online so I will have to pay the higher price and then I should get a credit next month for the data plan that did not receive the disount? I am saying this because the CS said that she rolled back the change to cover the beginning of my cycle this month.
    04-24-10 04:33 PM
    Oh, and I get a discount on data but not texting features.
    04-24-10 04:33 PM
    IF the acct is in your parents' name, then they will have to call in and do what is called Assumption of Liability authorization. It basically states the AO giving you permission to take liability for the lines. Once that is done, you will have to call in withing 30 days to have the numbers moved. You may or may not have to pay a deposit, but it depends on your credit. It can be as little as $75/line up to $400/line. Once moved, then you can go to verizonwireless.com/discounts tho have your emp discount applied to the primary mdn and possible data plans too.
    04-25-10 01:38 AM

No discounts on text plans. They aren't data. Only primary lines and data plans (depending if your company will allow it).
    04-25-10 01:39 AM
    You get the discount on the Talk and Text plan, so since it's included as part of the plan you would be getting a discount on text.
    04-25-10 02:00 AM
    Yeah, I'm still on an Alltel plan where all the features (data, voice, messaging) are included in the access plan rate, so I get a discount on the whole amount.
    04-25-10 06:02 AM
    I am listed as an account manager and was able to switch the secondary line to the primary without switching the entire account to my name. I have a normal family plan and then I add texting to my phone because my parents do not use it and it would be cheaper for me to just add texting to my phone. Thanks for all the help!
    04-25-10 11:10 AM
    I am listed as an account manager and was able to switch the secondary line to the primary without switching the entire account to my name. I have a normal family plan and then I add texting to my phone because my parents do not use it and it would be cheaper for me to just add texting to my phone. Thanks for all the help!
    Whoever the acct is under, must have a emp disc then.
    04-26-10 01:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD