01-17-10 05:19 PM
32 12
tools
    There is no possible way on CDMA to talk and surf the web at the same time.
    I have the Tour and I cannot do this
    01-11-10 02:05 PM
    I remember trying to check football scores on the phone with my GF and I was denied. I was like bloody. Ending up getting off phone with her to check score.

This was way before those AT&T commericals came on.
    01-11-10 02:17 PM
    There is no possible way on CDMA to talk and surf the web at the same time.
    I have the Tour and I cannot do this
    Your Tour does not have WiFi. That's why. I can do it on my Storm2, but not on my Tour.
    01-11-10 02:33 PM
    Your Tour does not have WiFi. That's why. I can do it on my Storm2, but not on my Tour.
    Which has already been thoroughly covered in this thread. From the very beginning it was made clear that unless he forgot to turn off his WiFi, it is impossible to surf and talk simultaneously on a VZW CDMA device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-10 08:44 PM
    Which has already been thoroughly covered in this thread. From the very beginning it was made clear that unless he forgot to turn off his WiFi, it is impossible to surf and talk simultaneously on a VZW CDMA device.

If you read spitfire's post you will see that some misguided 'tech support' person claimed that RIM 'accidentally' enabled the feature on non wifi enabled BBs. I knew it wasn't true, I just wanted people with a higher post count than me to set the record straight.
    01-11-10 08:48 PM
    There is a lot more to than that. Speed depends on a lot of factors. VZW phones making calls while on surfing the web is from what I hear technically impossible on CDMA. I was never able to do it when I had VZW. I just had a friend try it on his Tour and he couldn't.
    Well, back when Twins graced us with his presence, he made a comment to the effect that the hardware required to have simultaneous voice and data on CDMA/EVDO was prohibitively expensive on the consumer level.

I figure LTE will eventually nuke that particular problem, as when it eventually comes out for phones, the phones that use it will use both technologies from what I understand.

For the record, I think some of such hardware *is* floating around out there. I've seen one of the older "brick" Blackberries do it. The vast majority of CDMA devices do not, and even today I wonder if that Blackberry was a fluke.
    Last edited by Polychrome; 01-11-10 at 09:33 PM.
    01-11-10 09:28 PM
    BTW, did I mention that I couldn't surf the web, just Go back into the web pg. I was already viewing.

OK, yeah. Big difference.
    01-17-10 05:19 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD