Anyone know when verizons gonna roll out the LTE BB's? And know i dont mean an exact date but more like 2010 or 2011 and early or late. Also if any info has been released on the LTE capability of current bb's and the essex/tour2(w/WIFI)
    11-02-09 11:43 PM
    I would say mid to late 10 before we see anything LTE.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 07:31 AM
    And much longer for BlackBerry.

Don't forget - the RIM servers are a bottleneck on 3G - it will be even more apparent on 4G.
    11-03-09 07:54 AM
    And much longer for BlackBerry.

Don't forget - the RIM servers are a bottleneck on 3G - it will be even more apparent on 4G.
    I wasn't aware that their servers were that restrictive. Security policies? Or just old hardware?

11-03-09 07:57 AM
    I wasn't aware that their servers were that restrictive. Security policies? Or just old hardware?
    Extra processing - you get it with any proxy.

Repeated side-by-side 250MB file downloads from same server - I see 20-50% faster on non-BlackBerry. This is enough difference to remove server location from the mix.
    11-03-09 08:01 AM
    Wow. Not trying to get extremely OT but this is through bis. So the other smartphones (non bbs) have their own service too? Or is it just VZWs data service? Never been too sure about that.

11-03-09 08:07 AM
    dang sucks for bbs but i get to buy one more 3G phone! lol
    11-03-09 08:48 AM
    Look, dont try to think that LTE will be out tomorrow or in a few months.

ATT has had 3G service, for about 5 years now. The first phone didnt really come out to take advantage of it, until about 2-3 years ago, and its still not properly working.
    11-03-09 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD