LTE is coming to my town tomorrow. Where I work Verizon's signal is not that good. I will go between 1 bar on 3g down to 1X coverage. Does LTE provide better signal penetration through buildings?
    10-19-11 07:19 AM
    The only answer will come from practical testing. There is no way to answer your question from theory without details about cell locations, building layout and construction, and radio frequencies.

Most people assume the radio signal "penetrates" concrete and brick by passing through the structure, but in reality most of the signal might enter through openings like doorways and windows. Once inside it may reflect (or interfere) from walls and metallic surfaces, and if frequency and dimensions are right it could even use ventilation or utility ducts as a waveguide. Wooden buildings will behave differently, and any modern or renovated building may use foil lined insulation board which provides brilliant heat conservation but completely blocks radio signals.
    10-19-11 07:51 AM
    Interesting, thank you for the information. The insulation information explains why people can't get a signal in the new addition of the school and the strong signal in the old part of the school I work in.
    10-19-11 07:55 AM
    Yes it does.
    10-19-11 07:57 AM
    I'm getting LTE tomorrow too... Very excite!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-11 11:13 AM
    Why Verizon’s LTE Network Will Have The Best In Building Coverage – GizmoFusion

saw this long time ago and from my findings its pretty spot on. i get far better signal with LTE than 3G in my office
    10-19-11 12:21 PM
    Oh my god.

Look. Ever live in an apartment building? Ever have neighbors playing loud music? And you could only hear the bass? Lower frequency waves penetrate attenuating materials more easily then higher frequencies. Lower frequency network = better indoor coverage.

This is why VHF channels tended to have better coverage areas than UHF.
    10-31-11 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD