What are we really looking at here - like Sprint with only one early phone on the thing in 2011...or will all phones be eligible? Will we be forced to upgrade, and if so, will almost everyone be on LTE by the end of 2011 or is that more of a 2012 projection?
    06-23-10 05:11 PM
    Verizon has already rolled it out in some test markets but strickly being used by Verizon themselves. They want to open their lte in more markets than sprint did. Verizon wants to make sure all is working good before the launch. I would think and from reading that this holiday season will be big for the 4g phones at Verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-10 03:21 PM
    They want to open their lte in more markets than sprint did.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yea it's crazy my buddy was going to get a evo, they wanted 10 bucks a month for 4g that wasn't even available to him.
    06-24-10 03:37 PM
    According to website Phonescoop.com, Verizon executive director David Clevenger said:

"Technical trials are staged [and] tiered in accordance with industry standards. They’re [now] completed. The next phase is ‘friendly user trials,’ which means we’re looking for feedback on the network. Verizon Wireless is tapping select users in select cities for the friendly user trials."

Verizon is currently testing the LTE network in Boston, Seattle and three other unnamed US cities. Verizon is actually being somewhat secretive as to the other three cities where they’ve already got the small LTE network setup.

Verizon says their 4G network will cover 33% of Americans by the end of 2010, with most of the rest getting it by the end of 2011. Verizon Wireless is promising that it will match its 3G footprint with faster Long-Term Evolution (LTE) in 2013, which it says is on track to cover about 100 million people when the proto-4G technology is launched later this year. Nothing yet has been announced regarding 4G phones from Verizon.
    Last edited by TheOne01; 06-24-10 at 03:45 PM.
    06-24-10 03:43 PM
    Is it possible through a software upgrade to make a phone 4g compatible?

According to website Phonescoop.com, Verizon executive director David Clevenger said:

"Technical trials are staged [and] tiered in accordance with industry standards. Theyre [now] completed. The next phase is friendly user trials, which means were looking for feedback on the network. Verizon Wireless is tapping select users in select cities for the friendly user trials."

Verizon is currently testing the LTE network in Boston, Seattle and three other unnamed US cities. Verizon is actually being somewhat secretive as to the other three cities where theyve already got the small LTE network setup.

Verizon says their 4G network will cover 33% of Americans by the end of 2010, with most of the rest getting it by the end of 2011. Verizon Wireless is promising that it will match its 3G footprint with faster Long-Term Evolution (LTE) in 2013, which it says is on track to cover about 100 million people when the proto-4G technology is launched later this year. Nothing yet has been announced regarding 4G phones from Verizon.
    06-24-10 03:50 PM
    Is it possible through a software upgrade to make a phone 4g compatible?
    No, it's not possible.
    06-24-10 05:03 PM
    This is part of the reason why I held off when the 9650 came out. My contract is up right around the holidays. I have no issue paying full price if I have to. I'm *hoping* RIM will have an LTE BB out when LTE goes live. My Tour is working fine and with the latest OS update all I issues I had are gone. Trackball gets a little sticky once and a while but I can live with it.
    06-26-10 08:54 PM
    The real question is, when will Verizon begin offering phones that are LTE capable.
    06-27-10 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD