Verizon: We're ready for IMS-based voice on LTE - FierceWireless

Good to see VZW's not really phased by "bandwidth constraints" as RIM is.
    02-19-10 02:12 AM
    Verizon: We're ready for IMS-based voice on LTE - FierceWireless

Good to see VZW's not really phased by "bandwidth constraints" as RIM is.
    Where in that article did you Get anything to do with Bandwidth Constraints? It is about utilizing IMS in concert with LTE. I don't see any connection.
    02-19-10 12:15 PM
    Where in that article did you Get anything to do with Bandwidth Constraints? It is about utilizing IMS in concert with LTE. I don't see any connection.
    allowing VoIP/VoLTE on their network would use a LOT of bandwidth... thus Civic is saying that Verizon is not very concerned about bandwidth constants that RIM says are coming soon.
    Last edited by gafly; 02-19-10 at 12:24 PM.
    02-19-10 12:21 PM
    ^^ Thanks. I did not connect the dots.
    02-19-10 12:23 PM
    gafly understood the point I was trying to make.

Also, I've very happy that VZW is embracing VoIP technology so quickly. I think it really shows the direction they want to go from here. Just this week they announced the Skype deal and it sounds like they are really interested in the VoIP aspect of it on their smartphones rather then the "callcenter callback" capability that it had in the past for Blackberry and other platforms.

It also shows that Verizon is interested in developing their network for future times. If they can get rid of standard voice data and turn that into VoIP data, they will not only free up a bit of spectrum, but it will also make for a better streamlined network as well.
    02-19-10 01:17 PM
    This isnt in the right section, but I get what you are getting at here. This should be moved to the verizon section.
    02-19-10 01:48 PM
    It could really go in either section, but we'll put it in Verizon, since it probably fits better here. But an argument could be made for News and Rumors.
    02-19-10 02:05 PM
    Yep - there is also a whole section here already about this. With the same link

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/vzw-lte-g4-163496
    02-19-10 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD