I got the following text message from Verizon today by text:

------ SMS Text ------
    Sent: Feb 17, 2009 3:57 PM
    Subject: VZW Free Msg.

VZW Free Msg. As a loyal VZW customer & BlackBerry Storm owner, you're eligible for another BlackBerry of ur choice FREE when you add a line to your account w/2 year agreement on an email plan! To take advantage of this limited offer, call 800.483.3266 today! Offer ends 3/31/09. Valid for this MTN only. 2 opt out reply X.

-------------------------------

lol to bad my wife doesnt want a blackberry.
    02-17-09 09:47 PM
    FREE BLACKBERRY?!?!?!? How bout you "accidentally" run over her current phone or maybe drop it in a toilet that you "forgot" to flush???
    02-17-09 09:51 PM
    Sounds like they are letting you opt in to their new deal a free BB with purchase of a Storm, it started like a week ago. You'd need to add the BB to your plan so yea it would have to go to the wife, or one of your children, OR another relative who you trust. You can get another Storm or any other current VZW BB. Maybe you can talk her in to a "cute" pink pearl.
    02-17-09 11:57 PM
    Since when did Verizon start using 2 for "to" and ur for "your?"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 12:20 AM
    hahaha good spot
    02-18-09 01:16 AM
    They ran a commercial on Cable TV last night, buy a new storm and get another blackberry for free. I knew they had the BOGO deal for storms last month but now they've chalked it up to any Bberry.
    02-18-09 01:31 AM
    thats a gimmic! We all would of gotten it! That 2 for 1 deal is in the open and every spammer out there knows about it. Don't reply back to it! Replying does nothing except show ur # is active and interested. If it was real, they would just say call verizon CS to take advantage.... get what I mean?
    02-18-09 07:55 AM
    Since when did Verizon start using 2 for "to" and ur for "your?"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Maybe they ran in to that 160 charactor limit? Or they were trying to talk in kiddie text like that stupid commercial. idk, my bbf Jill!
    02-18-09 09:11 AM
    They are actually offering the Storm as BOGO. I work for Verizon telecom, just got an email about it last week. One day after I got mine, not that it matters to me though, don't have a reason for a 2nd line
    02-18-09 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD