I kind of have two questions here that are slightly linked:

I am going abroad to the UK on Sunday and will be there for about 6 weeks. I have an Orange mobile phone for when I'm on the UK, and because I have a VZW Curve (not a world phone), it will be rendered totally useless as soon as I leave America.

That said, I don't think it's possible to suspend service for an entire six weeks (or is it?). If it's not, I'd like to possibly lower my plan a bit since I won't be able to actually use my blackberry. it seems silly to be spending $128 a month on a phone I won't be able to use for over a month. Does anyone have suggestions as to which plan to choose while i'm abroad so that I won't have to drop as much cash on a useless phone? Am I required to keep some sort of Data plan, or can I just choose the basic 450 minute, no frills plan?

ALSO, I'm sure someone has answers here. My current plans is: NATIONWIDE EMAIL & MESSAGING 450 MINS UNLIM BLACKBERRY $99.99
    On top of that, I also pay for the International Value plan to make calling my boyfriend in the UK slightly more affordable. By the end of the month, my bill is usually between $120 and $130.

I was curious if there is any way to spend less on an unlimited data plan. I don't THINK unlimited texts are really necessary for me, especially considering that many of the people I text on a daily basis are also VZW customers. I also never go anywhere near my 450 minute allowance, but that seems to be the lowest I can get. Does anyone have any better plans for me to try out? I've spoken to VZW representatives on the phone, and they all claim that this is the best and cheapest plan available to me, but for some reason I'm not totally buying that

Sorry for such a lengthy post, and thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide!

--Brittany
    06-25-09 05:51 PM
    You can suspend service for vacation. Up to 90 days. If you stop billing though, your contract gets extended by that time. There is also a 15 fee for doing this

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 06:19 PM
    I had no idea I could suspend for vacation. That will work perfectly! I will do that as soon as possible!

Thanks!
    06-26-09 12:47 AM
    I was curious if there is any way to spend less on an unlimited data plan. I don't THINK unlimited texts are really necessary for me, especially considering that many of the people I text on a daily basis are also VZW customers. I also never go anywhere near my 450 minute allowance, but that seems to be the lowest I can get. Does anyone have any better plans for me to try out? I've spoken to VZW representatives on the phone, and they all claim that this is the best and cheapest plan available to me, but for some reason I'm not totally buying that
    The basic 450min voice plan is $40, then the text addon for 500 out of network texts + unlimited vzw-to-vzw is $10, and BIS is $30... that's $80 rather than $100. I don't know what else other than completely unlimited texting you're getting out of that other plan but if those 3 thins are all you need, you could just do those separately and go with that... $20 less every month.
    06-26-09 12:55 AM
    Thanks so much for your reply, Cedar. I'll definitely switch over and go with this plan for a bit and see if It works better for me. It seems like I'll be getting the same amount of service for less money. Definitely worth a try in this economy!
    07-03-09 07:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD