I know with verizon being the best known for coverage its hard to believe it but At&T has FULL bars in my house and my phone does not even ring when people call it goes straight to the voicemail. I like verizon but this is just not acceptable. Is there anyway I can get out of a contract on these terms. I am afraid i am stuck but thought i would ask anyways.

Also to note I love verizon everywhere else i go but when I am at my house and i dont get calls and texts come hours later I cant stand it.
    10-16-09 02:16 PM
    You can call Tech Support. And ask them to file a trouble ticket.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-09 02:23 PM
    In the process. Just moved into a new community in SW FL. I doubt there will be a new tower up anytime soon to fix this unless they have some other way to handle it.
    10-16-09 02:39 PM
    same thing happened to me. i talked to CS and they said that because this happened to me i could get out of my contract with no ETF. but i didnt cancel.
    10-16-09 03:02 PM
    There are several things that need to be done.

1. NO carrier will garrantee signal in a building.

2. Have Tech file a ticket - they will send out performance to measure the area. Be prepared to ALL trouble shoot prior to a ticket though. If the area is okay, then letting you out of the contract will most likely not happen. If it deemed a weak area, then there are two options. You can request that contract be terminated or purchase a Network Extender for inside your home.

You can read up on this device at NET EXT
    10-16-09 03:07 PM
    You can request that contract be terminated or purchase a Network Extender for inside your home.
    I trialed a Net Ext when they first came out. The only thing I hated was the fact that it comes with a GPS receiver that must be placed near a window. If the Net Ext does not get a location fix, it will not function. something about E911 if what we were told. Other than that and the price, it was solid.
    10-16-09 04:47 PM
    I trialed a Net Ext when they first came out. The only thing I hated was the fact that it comes with a GPS receiver that must be placed near a window. If the Net Ext does not get a location fix, it will not function. something about E911 if what we were told. Other than that and the price, it was solid.
    A lot of folks have success with lighting it up near a window to get a fix on the satellites, then moving it to another location.

An alternative is an amplifier system.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I prefer the amplifiers, as the better units will amplify all carriers, give you 3G and don't have a limit of connections, like a femto does.

10-16-09 05:15 PM
    I've had so many people tell me the same thing. That they can't get Verizon signals in their homes (myself included). I wonder if the Network Extender is a ploy to get us to buy them. I live in Southern California. There should be NO reason why reception sucks here.
    10-17-09 09:17 PM
    I've had so many people tell me the same thing. That they can't get Verizon signals in their homes (myself included). I wonder if the Network Extender is a ploy to get us to buy them. I live in Southern California. There should be NO reason why reception sucks here.
    As stated in many posts - NO CARRIER will guarrantee a signal in a building. Carriers do not control the construction, terrain, and about 20 more variables that can reduce sginal.

Sorry to hear you do not have good signal in your home.

I lived in LA for 40+ years. I had one house I could not make call in, till I stepped out by about 3 steps.

Take a cup water and pour though a sheet of plywood, not much gets through. Now drill holes in it, see what I mean?
    Last edited by lastraid; 10-18-09 at 05:50 PM.
    10-17-09 09:23 PM
    You're wondering if a product is a ploy to sell the product?

10-18-09 08:55 AM
    The network extender works great for us at home. It does not appear to support anything other than the phone and SMS services though.
    10-18-09 02:09 PM
    The network extender works great for us at home. It does not appear to support anything other than the phone and SMS services though.
    It only supports 1X data.

10-18-09 05:41 PM
    In the process. Just moved into a new community in SW FL. I doubt there will be a new tower up anytime soon to fix this unless they have some other way to handle it.
    I am in SWFL as well and AT&T has great coverage. I work up and down the coast from Sarasota to Marco, including the islands and never had any issues.
    Used to have Verizon and could never make a call from Sanibel or Boca.
    But contact Verizon first - If they can't fix your issue then you have grounds to break your contract.
    10-19-09 09:11 PM
    Sorry to hear...hopefully opening a ticket like others have mentioned may get you some answers. Good luck!
    10-19-09 09:13 PM
    Tell Verizon about it, see what they can do, if nothing can be done I would move to another carrier that works inside the house. I don't like to be stuck on a carrier that doesn't work well where I live, go to School and go to frequent places like work, etc.
    10-19-09 11:25 PM
    I have the same problem & its really starting to bother me. I get excellent reception everywhere but in my house. I even get excellent reception in my neighbors house. But it doesn't make me wanna cancel, I still get all my calls & texts it just affects my internet speed.

10-20-09 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD