Hello everyone, I'm a new member, but an avid reader of these forums.

I recently lost my Blackberry Curve 8330 while away from my home, and was wondering - is there any possible way to track or trace the location of the phone?

I'm pretty sure the phone is still on, since I had charged it the night before.
    03-17-09 03:58 PM
    id say call CS and see if they can get a gps fix off it and make sure you report that esn lost so they cant jack up your phone bill.
    03-17-09 03:59 PM
    As far as I know...no there isn't.
    Good luck with finding it.
    Sorry to hear that.

Call verizon and let them know that it has been lost/stolen. They should replace it if you have insurance.
    03-17-09 04:00 PM
    There are software programs that once installed on your phone yes you could track or be able to at least let the fool who took it that read the message telling him/her to return it. But as one of the previous CB wrote, make sure you notifiy your provider ASAP. They will put on the lost/stolen ESN list. All providers will subscribe to this list. Some of the softwares were mentioned here, so doing search might help find the post.
    03-17-09 04:13 PM
    Hello, thanks for the quick replies!

Just got off the phone with a Verizon Customer Service rep, and it didn't go all too well. She stated that there is no possible way to track/trace a phone, GPS-enabled or otherwise, and a replacement curve would run me $266

I don't think the rep mentioned anything about a ESN list, so who knows.

Either way, I'm just gonna have to hope it turns up somewhere, thanks again.
    03-17-09 07:12 PM
    Did they deactivate/suspend the service on it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 07:16 PM
    Yep, I had the service temporarily suspended until it turns up, or I get a replacement.
    03-17-09 07:39 PM
    Sorry to hear about that, good luck.

03-17-09 07:44 PM
    I believe that if you do not have the insurance they can offer you a new one one year contract pricing. This will extend your contract by one year. This might be the $266 price you got, but I am not sure.
    03-17-09 07:46 PM
    Yeah I would call them back right now and make sure they get that esn on the list and stop service to the phone.

03-17-09 07:48 PM
    Suspending for lost/stolen automatically adds the esn to the lost/stolen file

03-17-09 09:38 PM
    lol sorry...i work for the state so im not used to things working like they should
    03-17-09 10:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD