Hello Everyone!

My senior citizen father lost his device today.
    I'm going to have to go down to the VZW store with him tomorrow.
    Do you guys think I can get a free, dumb, replacement device?
    Or at least one for an extremely small fee?

When I set up their plan, I didn't apply insurance because they were good at keeping things.
    But now that they're up there in age, I might have to add that.
    Just curious as to what I'll expect and whatnot.

Oh, what an adventure it's been attempting to locate his phone.
    Anyways, hopefully someone can give me a good response.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.
    04-10-11 10:44 PM
    I would just ask around for an unused VZW phone. I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to find anyone charitable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-11 11:07 PM
    Check his plan, too, to see if it's due for full upgrade or upgrade at a discounted price. Also, check out the "certified pre-owned" offerings for a good price.
    04-10-11 11:34 PM
    Often the store will have compasion for your situation and will extend an upgrade IF you are close. Explain the situation honestly and they will often go out of their way for you. Verizon is good that way.

Also like DC said, check with friends and family, they too may have an old phone laying around collecting dust that you can use.
    04-11-11 08:19 AM
    If nothing else, you can pick up Cosmos, Accolades, GZones, etc on eBay for under $30 in most cases . Just look into it.
    04-11-11 08:23 AM
    I come to find that stores are the least lenient when it comes to upgrade exceptions, but it never hurts to ask. You may have better luck just buying a nice regular phone on eBay or something. There's also the Certified Pre-owned phones you can buy.
    04-11-11 11:37 AM
    I come to find that stores are the least lenient when it comes to upgrade exceptions, but it never hurts to ask. You may have better luck just buying a nice regular phone on eBay or something. There's also the Certified Pre-owned phones you can buy.
    Good point, sometimes the phone in customer service DOES have a bit more flexibility.
    04-11-11 11:56 AM
    Good point, sometimes the phone in customer service DOES have a bit more flexibility.
    I've found that to be the case also. I figure it might be because (1) the rep on the phone can more easily take the time to access all of your account information and history, and if you're a long-time customer, that's taken into consideration, and (2) store staff have to deal with the dynamics of having other customers around, so are more cautious about extending a special courtesy to one person, for fear of having others, whose situation may NOT be similar, demand the same thing.
    04-18-11 02:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD