I lost my Tour last week so I ordered a replacement through my insurance and receivef and am using the replacement. I just found my lost Tour..what do I do with it? Can I use it in the future if I ever lose/damage my new one? Give it to a friend? Or is the ESN blocked by Verizon now? Please help..thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 01:44 PM
    Esn will be blocked..... Not sure what your options are.......... But assurion owns your old phone now technically

08-20-09 02:01 PM
    I would call the claims department and tell them you found it. They may send you a shipping label to return it to them, or they may tell you to use it as a paper weight. Either way I would not try to activate it though because they may think it was a fraudulent claim. No need to cause a headache for yourself. Don't know if that helps.
    08-20-09 02:15 PM
    Thanks guys I figured it would be blocked. Ill just hold onto it for spare parts I guess. Thanks again.

08-20-09 02:24 PM
    That is actually a great idea! You never know when an extra screen, case, or keyboard would come in handy. I don't know if that is technically the "right" thing to do but as long as you aren't trying to activate it I would think it was OK. Of course that is just my opinion!
    08-20-09 02:38 PM
    Thanks guys I figured it would be blocked. Ill just hold onto it for spare parts I guess. Thanks again.
    When you got your replacement from Asurion, they included a postage-paid envelope to return your old device, in case it's found. You are obligated to return it. It will help keep insurance costs down for everyone.

And for all you know, Asurion trolls these boards for people talking about insurance fraud, which is essentially what you're committing by keeping it, even though it's a defunct device.

Just return it. What part will you need from it? A trackball? Verizon replaces them for free now.
    08-20-09 02:50 PM
    It will be blocked. You can call to remove the block provided that u can prove who u are, but honestly, why go through the hassle since u already have the replacement up and running?

08-20-09 02:52 PM

Given the fact you lost your device, had it replaced by insurance, and then found it, I think I would have to ask myself, "Do I still actually own it?"

08-20-09 02:54 PM
    I have no problem returning it to Asurion, I'm not trying to commit fraud but its noit like I didn't pay for my replacement..- pay $8/month plus $89 for the replacement and I bought the original also..anyone on the side that I own both phones now? Just wondering peoples thoughts on this..

08-20-09 03:26 PM
    I lost my Tour last week so I ordered a replacement through my insurance and receivef and am using the replacement. I just found my lost Tour..what do I do with it? Can I use it in the future if I ever lose/damage my new one? Give it to a friend? Or is the ESN blocked by Verizon now? Please help..thanks.

TECHINALLY...
    you should have gotten a return label with your replacement. TECHNICALLY you should return it to Asurian. The ESN is blocked... I'm not sure what kind of response you would get if you called to have the ESN cleared. My recommendation is to call asurian if you dont have your return label anymore and get one sent. Send the phone back and be done. No one would blame you for trying to get the ESN cleared though.
    I've never run into this issue with any of my lost phones.
    08-20-09 03:30 PM
    Well if you want to look at it from a money stand point it would look like this.

It would have been $489 to replace your Tour since you would have had to pay retail. For 24 months at $8/month you will have paid $192 and add the $89 deductible you get $281. So from that standpoint Asurian would lose $208 on that Tour. I would have to say it is theirs. That would be my thought on it anyway.

I did not know they send a return envelope for lost phones in the event you find them so please disregard my previous post.
    08-20-09 03:36 PM
    It will be blocked. You can call to remove the block provided that u can prove who u are, but honestly, why go through the hassle since u already have the replacement up and running?

No you can't. The phone had an insurance claim on it, it's no longer a valid device to be used.
    08-20-09 06:33 PM
    I have no problem returning it to Asurion, I'm not trying to commit fraud but its noit like I didn't pay for my replacement..- pay $8/month plus $89 for the replacement and I bought the original also..anyone on the side that I own both phones now?
    You didn't buy both phones, you purchased one at a subsidy, insured it, paid the insurance premium, and paid the deductible. You did not buy both, you bought one and insured it.

You are committing insurance fraud, and I don't know how you can't recognize this.

It's like you insured your car, reported it stolen, got a replacement car, and then assumed you own BOTH because you pay $180/month in insurance and you paid a $1,000 deductible.

Return it, return it, return it.
    08-20-09 07:51 PM
    One is locked and can't be activated.

08-21-09 02:01 AM
    I have to agree, the best thing to do would be to return it. Besides, would you really WANT to try to replace the parts of your phone on your own?

08-21-09 05:14 AM
    You didn't buy both phones, you purchased one at a subsidy, insured it, paid the insurance premium, and paid the deductible. You did not buy both, you bought one and insured it.

You are committing insurance fraud, and I don't know how you can't recognize this.

It's like you insured your car, reported it stolen, got a replacement car, and then assumed you own BOTH because you pay $180/month in insurance and you paid a $1,000 deductible.

Return it, return it, return it.
    Dang, your insurance is expensive. I insure two brand new cars for less than that per month! Not that this is off topic or anything.....
    08-21-09 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD