09-02-09 12:09 PM
34 12
tools
    Are people blind? Clearly he's not ignoring the fact that the question was answered. He's referring to people changing the topic as if it was inappropriate to even ask the question to begin with.
    09-02-09 10:52 AM
    Do you try to pick a fight in every thread?
    Always. It is my calling.

Clearly he was offended because someone else responded with a "how dare he think of the radio towers instead of the families/homes" attitude despite the fact he had a legitimate question.
    He had a legitimate question that was answered in the first reply by possibly the only person here who could accurately tell people there are both underfground & overhead acilities in the area.

Cut the guy some slack.Perhaps on topic would be updates he's referring to would be, you know, updates about the status of VZW network in the wildfires. Just an idea.
    All he asked was if VZW facilities & service might be affected. Only VZW can provide updates - but the OP did not request info on updates or where to go for those updates.

Had he asked, "where would one go to get updates on network condition" I might agree with you - but I'd have answered that, too.

My response was directed at his follow-up remarks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-09 10:53 AM
    Are people blind? Clearly he's not ignoring the fact that the question was answered. He's referring to people changing the topic as if it was inappropriate to even ask the question to begin with.
    pretty sure if you go and re-read the full post that i quoted, you will see that was directly to me, who did answer his question.
    Last edited by deraleek; 09-02-09 at 10:57 AM.
    09-02-09 10:54 AM
    Wow - I forget to press the button, get a series of phone calls & look what happened - even the message I quoted was edited.

Sheesh.

09-02-09 10:55 AM
    pretty sure if you go and re-read the full post that i quoted, you will see that was directly to me, who did answer his question.
    I'm not even sure you know what you're talking about. The OP was responding to:

Lets worry about the 10,000 plus homes that are in danger first.
    which he quoted in his second response that started this mess. No where did he say that Twins' or Weekendbum's responses weren't satisfactory. He was offended because someone attacked him via the above quote. This is what sparked him asking this thread to stay on topic and not turn into a sympathy thread.

You're reading too much into this.
    09-02-09 11:05 AM
    LOL, people wonder why crackberry is so much fun.
    09-02-09 11:18 AM
    with the raging fires going on in Los Angeles, some say cell phone and radio service could be affected. Any word on if VZW towers are located here?

TV, cellphone signals from Mt. Wilson at risk -- latimes.com
    Now note the following breakdown:

with the raging fires going on in Los Angeles,]
    Here, the statement was prefaced.

This is an open forum, where people can comment on any aspect of a post - especially once the priority of the post (questions) have been answered. If you didn't know that, you've not spent a lot of time in Internet forums.

Instead, we are seeing claims & arguments about things NOT included in the OP. It makes no sense to argue that others are assuming when you base your argument on assumption.

If all we should do is answer the question, then only the question should have been asked - no statements, no prefaces, no examples.

And before we assume the OP wanted network updates, maybe that should have been mentioned in the OP?

Clarity, not assumptions.

09-02-09 11:33 AM
    LOL, people wonder why crackberry is so much fun.
    oh i know right!
    09-02-09 11:36 AM
    I'm fairly certain we aren't even arguing about the same thing anymore. Off to lunch!
    09-02-09 12:09 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD