Can I use the service loopt with verizon? I went to loopt.com, didn't see Verizon as a choice, so I decided to choose Sprint 8330 as an option, sice its the same bberry model. I downloaded the app, filled out the information to creat an account, and they were suppose to send a link via text message. The link never showed up. I tried googling verizon and loopt, and appearantly your suppose to be able to use the service. HELP!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 09:42 AM
    Verizon shows up as a supported carrier, although it doesn't show BBs as being supported (probably due to VZWs GPS restrictions). I would say that if you can download the Sprint version, then go to their website and fill out the form (selecting Verizon), you should be able to get the activation code via SMS.
    04-29-09 04:08 PM
    Thanks! I will try that, and tell you if it worked.

04-29-09 04:12 PM
    For those like me who have no idea what this is

On BlackBerry
    With Loopt, turn your BlackBerry into a social compass. See where your friends are and what they’re doing without having to call or text. Connect on the fly, share photos and tips on cool places.
    Since GPS is on for the Storm i wonder if it works with VZWs Storm?
    04-30-09 08:58 AM
    Turns out the only way verizon customers can use Loopt is if they pay for it. It's 4 bux a month. I refuse to pay for a service that mostly everyone is using for free.
    04-30-09 09:01 AM
    That's just not right. VZW to stick it to their customers again. Did you contact Loopt and see why there is a charge for VZW when everyone else if free? Or contact VZW?

I guess that means if you are with VZW, the main free social compass program is Latitude in GMaps. I just don't know that many people using Lattitude (I do know quite a few people using Loopt - just waiting for USCC to be supported).
    04-30-09 09:53 AM
    Or google maps. Pretty cool. I haven't contacted verizon. Its just the law of the land. If you do, let me know.

04-30-09 09:55 AM
    This the 5th or 6th thread I have seen about this! It is sickening to know that if you are with verizon you are just screwed out of so many free and fun applications.
    09-03-09 07:48 AM
    I think the way to draw attention to Loopt is to have as many Verizon BB users as possible contact Loopt about using their software on their BlackBerrys. The Loopt website says Loopt is free on all supported BlackBerry devices, and they don't list any BlackBerry device as supported (for Verizon).

I think if enough people contacted Loopt, they would pay more attention.
    09-03-09 08:34 AM
    I currently work as an indirect retailer for verizon and this is a common complaint for verizon, not just with apps either its ringtones, wallpaper,themes everything... Typically I've learned working for them if you call customer care and complain about the chrg they'll waive it for u that's how I've gotten around using it for free... This sucks I know but us little people at verizon are working hard to get verizon to change their ways to the ways of other carriers.
    09-17-09 06:46 AM
    i thought google maps had the same feature as loopt? granted, i want agps unlocked like anyone else, but wouldn't google work the same way if not better?
    09-18-09 01:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD