I currently have the blackberry curve 8330, what is the best blackberry that is currently out? What about the droid? looking at verizon phones...
    04-25-10 02:56 PM
    Best in terms of what?

The Bold 9650 (the replacement for the Tour 9630) should be released within the next two weeks. It will be the most recent BlackBerry on Verizon.

There's also the Storm 2.

But you need to define what you needs/wants are in terms of "best".

What are you looking for? What things are important to you?
    04-25-10 03:12 PM
    I have just upgraded from the Curve 8900 to the Bold 9700 and I love it. The Bold feels like a much more robust and refined version of the Curve. I would highly recommend it. However I am not from the US, so I have no idea what BB's Verizon carry.
    04-25-10 04:04 PM
    I am mainly using the phone for texting/calling and internet. I do not email that much using my bb. Like checking twitter and others apps such as espn..etc.
    04-25-10 04:21 PM
    Any BB should be fine for your purposes. Choice is personal then. Touch screen? Keyboard?

Maybe the best way to decide is first to list your needs (WiFi? Bluetooth??) then try out devices in the store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-10 04:32 PM
    wifi is important, bluetooth is not really important. I know this is a blackberry forum but does anyone have a droid...I am even considering it
    04-25-10 04:39 PM
    the Bold 9650 will be the next best Blackberry on the market starting May 1st for Verizon.

WIFI
    Trackpad
    Open GL
    512mb of memory
    2gb on board memory
    OS 6.0 ready, webkit ready
    04-25-10 04:45 PM
    wifi is important, bluetooth is not really important. I know this is a blackberry forum but does anyone have a droid...I am even considering it
    http://www.androidcentral.com/
    04-25-10 04:50 PM
    I do not think the bold 9700 is available on verizon...I am not really sure about the tour....what is the word on the storm 2?
    04-25-10 04:57 PM
    I do not think the bold 9700 is available on verizon...I am not really sure about the tour....what is the word on the storm 2?
    The Bold 9650 will be available on Verizon within two weeks. It is the replacement for the Tour, which is being discontinued.
    04-25-10 05:03 PM
    I just went form a Curve to a Storm2, I'm not disappointed, I love it for internet especially compared to my Curve, the larger screen is great and being able to use it in portrait mode.

The only thing I had to get used to was using the touch screen, and after 3 weeks now I'm dong pretty well, probably not making any more mistakes than I did with my Curve while texting. Battery life is so so but its not anything I can't deal with, had extended battery for my Curve.

I also thought about going the Droid route but changed my mind after they wanted too much to upgrade and I was happy with my Curve so I stuck with Black Berry, my main reason for thinking about the Droid was I thought I would like a physical keyboard but I'm very happy with the Storm's touchscreen.
    04-25-10 07:23 PM
    alright cool. I had read somethings where people have said the battery life on storm 2 wasn't very good and where people weren't happy with the touchscreen of the storm 2. I wanna look into this new 9650 bold for verizon and the droid. I wanna see the advantages of the droid incredible compared to the motorola droid also..
    04-25-10 07:37 PM
    Moved thread to Verizon Forum
    04-25-10 08:10 PM
    Palm Pre Plus has a pretty web browser on it. Never owned a Droid but after playing with in the store the browser seemed good. Driod seems very apps focused, so if your not wanting all the apps and want to try something besides a Blackberry, try a Pre Plus.
    04-25-10 08:21 PM
    I am mainly using the phone for texting/calling and internet. I do not email that much using my bb. Like checking twitter and others apps such as espn..etc.
    S2 is definately your answer....best phone I ever owned and the screen is awesome!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-10 09:12 PM
    I'm not a fan of the Palm WebOS (I tired the Pre once or twice). Android is cool but the touch screen on the Droid sucks. Get the HTC Droid Eris if you want a good Android experience. If you wanna stay BB get the S2 or 9650 soon to be out. My advice is to spend a hour in the store on each phone and see what you like.
    04-25-10 09:12 PM
    alright then I may just have to go to the store and play around with them.
    04-26-10 08:18 AM
    Going to the store to mess with some would be the best bet. I spent (2) hours or so toying with different ones and asking tons of questions until I got the one that best fit what I wanted. Since they want your money, they won't complain.
    04-26-10 08:35 AM
    If you really like BB, and the Curve form factor, that is the full keyboard and you mostly want an upgrade, then the, 9650, Bold2, that's coming soon is your best bet. It'll have a faster processor, the most process mem EVER in a BB (512), wifi, OS 5.0, CDMA/GSM radios (a "world" phone), and other goodies. If you want to stick with BB, but are wanting to go touch, then the Storm2, 9550 is your choice, all that the 9650 has but only 256 process mem (but that's still GREAT). If you want to try some thing totally new and android as touched (pun intended) your fancy then probably the Incredible, the latest and possibly the greatest android phone is your best bet (on Verizon that is), which comes out in days.
    04-26-10 09:55 AM
    thanks man appreciate the advice, it helps! seems like I have it narrowed down the bold 2 and the new incredible or motorola droid.
    04-26-10 10:41 AM
    I see you have it narrowed but take a look at the S2 while at the store. I had an 8330 and went to the S2. I absolutely love it! It does take some getting used to the touch screen instead of a physical keyboard. After having my Curve, the S2 is like upgrading to a new computer due to the difference in speed. Just my thoughts.
    04-27-10 06:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD