Quickie:
    BlackBerry Storm2 Hits Verizon Wireless October 28
    Today, 3:10 PM by Eric M. Zeman

The BlackBerry Storm2 will be available from Verizon Wireless starting Wednesday, October 28. This follow-up device to the original Storm will come pre-loaded with a number of Verizon applications and services, such as VZNavigator, Rhapsody, Song ID and more. Pricing wasn't immediately made clear.

Source Phone Scoop
    10-23-09 04:33 PM
    You actually want to believe that?

It ain't here 'til it is here.
    10-23-09 04:34 PM
    I like how they state it will come pre loaded w/ stuff, but yet half the people will take allot of it off.
    10-23-09 04:36 PM
    yep - it preloaded, but not installed until you click the icon
    10-23-09 04:39 PM
    I'll believe it when I see it... All it means to me is all the unhappy storm owners calling and asking for a manager like they will "give" them a storm 2.
    Bigger headache than I am wanting to admit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 05:44 PM
    Yeh, I'm done believing anything until it actually happens. I wish they made it possible to take even the install icons off. Nothing worse than having to hide stuff I'd never think of using.

Whenever I buy a laptop, I spend the first few hours with it getting rid of stuff with RevoUninstaller. Wish they'd just send out a device with the OS on it!
    10-23-09 05:46 PM
    What's the big deal on hiding a bunch of icons? There are multiple threads on this on multiple forums. Hide them and get it over with.

10-24-09 12:40 AM
    What's the big deal on hiding a bunch of icons? There are multiple threads on this on multiple forums. Hide them and get it over with.
    For the true computer enthusiast, having unused junk is like having a zit appear on your nose the day of the senior prom or a tiny ding on your car - even in the dark, YOU know it is there.

The inability to remove these things from a BlackBerry & the fact they can be added without your okay is a big reason the true computer nuts out there snicker at the nanny-state of BlackBerry.

There are many computers you can buy without bloatware. They don't have HP, Acer or Dell logos on them, though.

10-24-09 04:48 AM
    What I'm confused about is...

Why would they release the Storm2 the same day they announce the Droid?...

The date is official... According to the Verizon intranet which originally provided the October 21st date...
    10-24-09 04:55 AM
    Because Blackberry is being demoted. I think Verizon had hopes the Storm would be able to compete with the iPhone as far as apps and overall useability and were disappointed in its performance. The Storm2 is much better hardware wise but the software "feel" is the same. It still has an "all business" kind of OS on it. I think Verizon feels the Droid has a better chance of luring in unhappy iPhone users than the S2 does.
    Now, I'm not bringing down the the Blackberry OS, I love it. IPhone vs Blackberry has been beat to death and the only thing everyone agrees on is they are 2 very different devices. Verizon wants to steal a few customers from Apple/ATT. So they hype the Droid. S2 gets to launch quietly. Blackberry owners know its coming anyway, no need for hype. So people that want a new Blackberry can get a real nice one. People that want the newest, gotta-have-it smartphone to make their iPhone friends crazy will be pointed to the Droid. No great loss IMO

10-24-09 05:17 AM
    Because Blackberry is being demoted. I think Verizon had hopes the Storm would be able to compete with the iPhone as far as apps and overall useability and were disappointed in its performance. The Storm2 is much better hardware wise but the software "feel" is the same. It still has an "all business" kind of OS on it. I think Verizon feels the Droid has a better chance of luring in unhappy iPhone users than the S2 does.
    Now, I'm not bringing down the the Blackberry OS, I love it. IPhone vs Blackberry has been beat to death and the only thing everyone agrees on is they are 2 very different devices. Verizon wants to steal a few customers from Apple/ATT. So they hype the Droid. S2 gets to launch quietly. Blackberry owners know its coming anyway, no need for hype. So people that want a new Blackberry can get a real nice one. People that want the newest, gotta-have-it smartphone to make their iPhone friends crazy will be pointed to the Droid. No great loss IMO

Well said. The BB OS may be old and tired but it works for me day in and and and day out. Remember when a phone was a tool? Now it has to be your personal entertainment device with a PDA buried somewhere in there.

I do not have a iPhone but have a iPod touch and you talk about bloatware? IMO 90% of the Aps available are useless.

Full HTML on a 3" screen? Its a pain to have to scroll and zoom all the time. What is wrong with the mobile version.
    10-24-09 07:18 AM
    I like how they state it will come pre loaded w/ stuff, but yet half the people will take allot of it off.
    Everyone takes it off
    10-24-09 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD