Hi I can buy a verizon BB 8800 for very little money but can you unlock a phone that does not have a sim card?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-08 05:43 PM
    Hi I can buy a verizon BB 8800 for very little money but can you unlock a phone that does not have a sim card?

Only GSM carriers (AT&T, TMO) are able to unlock phones using the sim card. CDMA carriers (VZW, Sprint, Alltel) do not have this ability.
    07-22-08 06:00 PM

With CDMA phones (like Verizon)...it works a bit different. When the phone is deactivated correctly, it can be reactivated with a simple call to VZW. If the phone is stolen or lost, it will be noted and the phone cannot be activated. Make sure you check that the ESN is clean (that's the term) and the PIN is released from the previous owner.

EDIT: I see with you're with T-Mobile. A phone from VZW will NOT work with them. VZW uses CDMA and T-Mobile GSM.

Paul
    07-22-08 06:00 PM
    Thanks. I did not know that....lol. The co I work for is selling their old phones way cheap since they upgraded but it won't do me any good.

Thank-you for the info
    07-23-08 03:18 AM
    You can unlock CDMA phones it is called flashing and it work a bit different see this:CDMA Unlocking / Flash Cell phone for Cricket, Metro PCS, Alltel, Verizon, Sprint If you are with a gsm carrier you CAN NOT use a CDMA device with your service.
    07-23-08 06:51 AM
    I Have just locked my BB9000 bold and have lost all info and now my phone is telling me to reload the software and do you think i can get the support team to help...

does anyone out there that can give simple easy to use tips???

Santino68
    11-11-09 12:32 AM
    I Have just locked my BB9000 bold and have lost all info and now my phone is telling me to reload the software and do you think i can get the support team to help...

does anyone out there that can give simple easy to use tips???

Santino68
    A) You just responded to a post that was over 14 months old

B) You're off topic, too.

C) You're using a Bold - what are you doing in the VZW forums?

D) Go to a GSM forum - AT&T would be fine.
    11-11-09 12:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD